• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your opinion of the most difficult grading ranges to grade below 9.0?

48 posts in this topic

You're a homeostasis??... blush.gif......just goes to show you,...you never can tell...

Would a homeostasis say this:

"Because we're civil, polite people, not a rude, arrogantly presumptious arsehole like yourself."

27_laughing.gif That line works on so many levels.

What about "Vulgarity-Spewing, Insult-Spouting, Personal Attacking" FF?

Or are you one of those bizarro personalities who thinks that their own don't stink?

I can't believe you're this naive about your own rudely dismissive personality. Could you simply not know, even after being told HUNDREDS of times?

Oh, wait, I forgot...we've all got an "agenda" against you because your hyperintelligence has seen through our shallow speculation into buying certified comics, so our advice is intended only to discredit you to protect our own vested interests. My bad, I keep forgetting how shallow, greedy, and corruptly biased I am. foreheadslap.gif

I can't believe you're this naive about your own rudely dismissive personality. Could you simply not know, even after being told HUNDREDS of times?

Answer the question:

Why when I lay out an insult, I have a "rudely dismissive personality", but when you do the EXACT same thing, it is somehow okay?

It's pretty obvious you're just playing with words, and have no intention of starting a meaningful exchange of info.

I'm not playing with words.

Anytime you refer to yourself buying slabbed books, you call it collecting what you like.

Anytime you refer to other people buying slabbed books, you call it investing.

Meaningful or not, that's what I read when you post.

I'm sure you have a tiny molecule in your body that gives a damn or you wouldn't be posting at all.

I thought I would let you know how the average reader see it.

INTENT is the difference. If you're investing or speculating in CGC comics, then I wish you luck, as you're gonna need it.

If you're not, and could burn your entire collection and not feel the financial pinch, then kudos!

I could care less if the price bottomed out on comics as I type this reply.

If it did, I see it as a chance to buy books that I normally could not afford.

When a market correction comes, I welcome it with open arms. acclaim.gif

My collection is my entertainment. It is made up of books that make me happy to own. Not what I think will be the next hot book.

If you buy the hot book of the month, you're just chasing your tail.

The only benefit to hot books is that some very nice copies that are normally not up for sale come out of the woodwork.

I buy back issues. Very rarely do I buy anything new.

However, I often buy affordable books that I know are in demand and flip them to fund books for my personal collection.

Overall, I have very little cash in my personal collection. What little I do have in them is disposable.

I'm not mortgaging my home or spending the kid's college fund to buy comics.

On the same note, I'm not expecting my collection to fund my kid's education.

If some day I decide to sell them and they are worth a lot of money...That will be a bonus that I'm not counting on. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Let me add that I agree the same specs that ruined the card market are now buying back into comics.

The card industry itself helped create the crash by flooding the market with manufactured collectibles. After a while people stopped buying everything, old and new.

That's the same thing that helped cause the comic crash in the '90's. But I think the comic industry realized the problem after it happened the first time.

Why when I lay out an insult, I have a "rudely dismissive personality", but when you do the EXACT same thing, it is somehow okay?

Because I only dish to people who dish out to others, with my sole purpose being to create conflict and draw attention to extreme behavior. It's the reverse of the Golden Rule...to coax someone into doing unto others as they would have people do unto them, I do unto them as they do unto others in the hope they'll get sick of it.

Ever notice that Hammer only sells trimmed and color-touched Silver Age books? That's because he's a Golden Age Timely collector and he doesn't [!@#%^&^] where he lives. Sure wish someone would sell him a bunch of Timelys with undisclosed restoration... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Because I only dish to people who dish out to others, with my sole purpose being to create conflict and draw attention to extreme behavior.

Think about what you're written and maybe you'll get the joke. 27_laughing.gif

I like you FF and think you're a good guy with great insight and a wealth of experience in the comic realm, but I wish you both would stop hijacking the thread with this [!@#%^&^] match so that we can get back on topic.

I would have asked the same of JC, but it wouldn't work so I'm asking you. Please stop the fighting.

Think about what you're written and maybe you'll get the joke. 27_laughing.gif

Who here thinks my attitude is more extreme than Joe's? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif