• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Don't Understand This Heritage Auction Listing AT ALL...

3 posts in this topic

I just don't understand this at all:

Crime Suspenstories 6 Gaines File CGC NM+ 9.6, on eBay right now with an opening bid price of $2,200. The book has been listed twice in the past month:

Auction ending November 16, with a non-reserve meeting bid of $1,225 (by the Biggest SD there is) and

Auction ending December 5, with a non-reserve meeting bid of $1,125.

Now, I'm not one to tell Heritage how to run their business, and John Petty and all of those guys there seem to know what they are doing, but this just strikes me as nuts. I have to believe that there is a significantly smaller number of big-money collectors looking for Crime Suspenstories 6, so why would they pay $2200 for a book that twice has not had bids over $1225? Why wouldn't you start the bidding at the $1225?

They're probably just hoping someone less informed comes along and plugs that opening bid. Putting a high opening bid and waiting for that one bidder works, and sometimes with mind-boggling results

Now, I'm not one to tell Heritage how to run their business, and John Petty and all of those guys there seem to know what they are doing, but this just strikes me as nuts.

There is a song from the GA of comic books - it kind of goes something like this:

He's got...HIGH hopes! He's got High Hopes!

He's got...high apple pie-ie-ie in the

sky-y-y hopes