• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Flash 1 CGC 9.4 on Ebay....legit ?

9 posts in this topic

From what I can see is he has not had any feedback in 8 years. Big red flag right there alone. Not to say this seller is bad but my personal opinion it does not look too promising.

Quite some time back there was an Amazing Fantasy 8.0 on ebay, the seller`s feedback was similar to this seller`s feedback. What I did was I placed a bid in the auction and once you do that you are able to request the sellers contact info.

Once I requested the contact info and received the seller`s phone number I called and asked him if I win the book could I pick it up in person? He immediately said he did not want to meet with anybody until he received I believe it was $7500 or $8000 then he would agree to meet, it was an obvious total scam.

But remember if you request their information through ebay the seller will automatically get emailed your ebay information, city you live in, phone number etc.

To avoid this you can directly email the seller and ask if they can meet in person after the sale.

Most scammers will not meet in person, but keep in mind times are tough and people are doing really crazy things right now, so someone desperate may still agree to meet in person with intentions of robbing the buyer for the money.

Its always good to be triple cautious!

I

Ask for the serial number. If they have the book, they should be able to give you the number. They'll probably say that the book is in a safety deposit box and they'll have to get back to you, or something brilliant like that meh