• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Director of 300 and Watchmen to direct the new Superman

50 posts in this topic

Movie is being rushed into production to beat the 2011 deadline for legal reasons.

The real reason why Zack Snyder was picked to direct Superman

I see no evidence of rushing. Yes, they risk owing the Siegel family more money if they don't start the film by the end of next year, but meh, they've been dragging their feet for years on another movie for no good reason I can ascertain. All I see them doing is finally not frittering around anymore; there's enough time for a -script rewrite or even directorial change over the next fifteen months.

Snyder was on Christopher Nolan's short list already, he's thrown his name out before as someone he'd like to direct the film.

Or the machine gun to Superman's eye scene.

Or the scene where he caught Kitty's car.

Or the AWESOMELY-done opening credit sequence paying homage to Donner's old swooping text sequence for the original Superman films.

Or the scene where we saw a juvenile Clark Kent jumping over cornfields.

Or the scene where Lex got the dying widow to sign her will over to him and then dropped his toupe onto that little girl. :)

Or when he lifted the boat that had snapped in half out of the water.

Or when they showed him hovering over the earth using his super-hearing to listen for trouble globally and swooping down to help.

Or when he was flying around Metropolis using his heat-ray vision, cold breath, strength, and speed to save people from earthquake damage and rubble.

Lots of enjoyable parts to it. Lots of kinda-boring parts too. I skip to the cool action stuff when I watch the DVD just like I do with the first Hulk film. :cool:

Sounds like another boring Superman movie.

:eyeroll:

I was actually okay with the film, though I wish it could have had more villains.

Movie is being rushed into production to beat the 2011 deadline for legal reasons.

The real reason why Zack Snyder was picked to direct Superman

I see no evidence of rushing. Yes, they risk owing the Siegel family more money if they don't start the film by the end of next year, but meh, they've been dragging their feet for years on another movie for no good reason I can ascertain. All I see them doing is finally not frittering around anymore; there's enough time for a -script rewrite or even directorial change over the next fifteen months.

Snyder was on Christopher Nolan's short list already, he's thrown his name out before as someone he'd like to direct the film.

If anyone has read the Anne Rice series (Interview With the Vampire) it was a great movie. In a rush Warner Brothers were going to lose the rights to make more movies off the series by 2000. They rushed Queen of The Damned to meet the deadline and butchered the movie. A lesson learned maybe? I hope the next Superman rocks.

Why don't they get Samuel L. Jackson to be Superman in the next movie? He's in everything else. :popcorn:

I'd pay to see that lol

He would make a good Brainiac. "THEY CALL ME MR. GLASS!!!" "Oh I mean uh...THEY CALL ME BRAINIAC!!!"

I'm sick of this mother :censored: Superman, on this mother :censored: planet , ruining my mother :censored: plans!!

So rumors are starting that Brandon Routh will be playing the Man of Steel again. I don't know how much truth there is behind this but I thought BR was a good choice in Superman Returns so I hope this happens.

News Corp., Which Reported Megan Fox Had Signed To Play Catwoman, Now Reports Brandon Routh Could Play SUPERMAN For Zack Snyder!

I am – Hercules!!

British tabloid News of the World reports that Zach Snyder (“Watchmen”) is considering returning “Superman Returns” star Brandon Routh to the role of Clark Kent in Snyder’s upcoming new Man of Steel movie, the one being produced by “Dark Knight” writer-director Christopher Nolan.

But can News Of The World, owned by News Corp., be trusted?

The tabloid has been described as sister publication to News Corp.’s The Sun, which reported on Aug. 26, 2009 that Megan Fox had signed to play Catwoman in Nolan’s next Batman movie.

Megan Fox’s publicist quickly issued a statement indicating she had not signed to play Catwoman in Nolan’s next Batman movie:

Megan is a huge fan of the Batman movies and of director Christopher Nolan but these discussions have not taken place.

Thank you for checking.

“Dark Knight” producers subsequently confirmed that Nolan has not contacted Fox about the role.

So if any journalists out there are still interviewing Snyder about “Legend of the Guardians,” kindly ask if he really indicated to News of the World that he’s considering returning Routh to the blue tights.

Find ComicBookMovie’s story on News of the World’s story here.

Best part of Superman Returns was Kevin Spacey making a shiv out of Kryptonite and putting it in Kal-El's back. Emphasizing that Lex Luthor had spent a little time in prison.

Or the machine gun to Superman's eye scene.

Or the scene where he caught Kitty's car.

Or the AWESOMELY-done opening credit sequence paying homage to Donner's old swooping text sequence for the original Superman films.

Or the scene where we saw a juvenile Clark Kent jumping over cornfields.

Or the scene where Lex got the dying widow to sign her will over to him and then dropped his toupe onto that little girl. :)

Or when he lifted the boat that had snapped in half out of the water.

Or when they showed him hovering over the earth using his super-hearing to listen for trouble globally and swooping down to help.

Or when he was flying around Metropolis using his heat-ray vision, cold breath, strength, and speed to save people from earthquake damage and rubble.

Lots of enjoyable parts to it. Lots of kinda-boring parts too. I skip to the cool action stuff when I watch the DVD just like I do with the first Hulk film. :cool:

Me too. There are some good parts to this movie, if folks would just give it a chance.

:cloud9:

I liked it when the old TV Jimmy Olsen shows up as a bartender.

bobartender3.jpg

Sorry. Just going through old Superman threads to see what was being said back in 2010 about Man of Steel. Interesting discussions.