• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Wizard World a good show in general? Anyone going to Austin?

1 post in this topic

There hasn't been a major collectibles show here in Austin in forever. Even the monthly baseball card show shriveled and died a couple years ago. Across the state, it seems there are no decent-sized comic shows at all. The Dallas WW went away a few years ago. I was looking at the program for Austin just now and was about to buy a ticket, but then I saw the price was $25 for a day, plus a $4.87 in-convenience fee. This is a difficult question, but as someone who only cares about the comics people and dealers, is this brand of show worth it anymore? I'd hate to drop the $30 and walk into a room with 9 comics dealers and the rest filled with 'pop culture' junk. Since the WW Dallas show went away, they no longer even discuss holding the baseball card National in Texas, and even the local monthly show shriveled and died, I just wonder if Texas is viewed as a 'must-skip' by the major dealers.