• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would CGC slab a book with an insert you put in?

17 posts in this topic

Maybe not as a recognized Sig Series but say having Stan Lee sign a small acid free card and then have CGC slab my book with the card laying flat on the cover? Its a crazy idea but it may give a collector a permanent way to join a signature with his/her book without actually having someone sign the book.

Maybe not as a recognized Sig Series but say having Stan Lee sign a small acid free card and then have CGC slab my book with the card laying flat on the cover? Its a crazy idea but it may give a collector a permanent way to join a signature with his/her book without actually having someone sign the book.

:screwy:

Regardless of how much you want it done. It will NOT be done.

Simple solution would be for you to save your $$ and get a Stan Lee SS.

Nuff said.

I didn't pose the question as a way to circumvent the current system nor do I have a book I want Stan Lee to sign. Simply musing is all... maybe offering an idea for an alternative service since there is a divided camp on whether or not a sig degrades a book or enhances it.

Nuff said.

I didn't pose the question as a way to circumvent the current system nor do I have a book I want Stan Lee to sign. Simply musing is all... maybe offering an idea for an alternative service since there is a divided camp on whether or not a sig degrades a book or enhances it.

The problem with your idea, though, is that there's no benefit to CGC nor the collector from doing this.

If you don't want the actual book signed, get the slab signed instead. If that doesn't work for you, put the slab in a bag and include the signed insert in the bag.

Nuff said.

The problem with your idea, though, is that there's no benefit to CGC nor the collector from doing this.

If you don't want the actual book signed, get the slab signed instead. If that doesn't work for you, put the slab in a bag and include the signed insert in the bag.

I actually like the getting the slab signed idea... with the exception that now you have committed to never re slabbing the book lest you decide to get it signed again. As I said... just throwing out ideas. My thought of including an insert inside the slab merely came from the advantage of keeping the sig protected (and verified) within the slab without actually being on the book.

Don't get me wrong I love the sig series program... now I usually don't slab any modern unless its going to be signed.

My thought of including an insert inside the slab merely came from the advantage of keeping the sig protected (and verified) within the slab without actually being on the book.

My thoughts are that CGC won't encapsulate a loose article with the book as the possibilty of said article being able to damage the book is there, therefore nullifying the grade assigned.

My thought of including an insert inside the slab merely came from the advantage of keeping the sig protected (and verified) within the slab without actually being on the book.

My thoughts are that CGC won't encapsulate a loose article with the book as the possibilty of said article being able to damage the book is there, therefore nullifying the grade assigned.

I agree,

I guess I should have used the title "Wouldn't it be cool if" as opposed to "Would CGC.."

It would be neat if CGC had a alternate slab that would have a separate compartment to keep a sig card in it so everything is verified without affecting the book or risking the grade.

I agree,

I guess I should have used the title "Wouldn't it be cool if" as opposed to "Would CGC.."

It would be neat if CGC had a alternate slab that would have a separate compartment to keep a sig card in it so everything is verified without affecting the book or risking the grade.

Not to poop on your chips, I really don't mean to, but why not get your card graded in a seperate slab and then keep it with the book.