• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC Day 1! posted by sholmes202

1 post in this topic

The show is off and running!

As you all know Friday is the "slow" day at NYCC. Which means it only took me an HOUR to walk the sales floor. This year NYCC is combining with the Amime Festival so things will be EXTRA hectic tomorrow. My guess is that there will be 75,000 + people at the Javits Center on Saturday.

I dropped by the CGC booth to drop off a copy of Superman #109 andd #110, TOD #10, Adventure #275 and my pride and joy, a copy of Motion Picture Comics #110 (When Worlds Collide). Business was brisk but all the CGC people were very nice and a good time was had by all. Yes the people at CGC are actual PEOPLE!!! :)

Slow going on tracking down Golden Age Archie Comics between #40 and #50 though. I DID see some VERY nice copies of Batman #232 that I am kind of lusting for though. One of those bad boys is going to be MINE in the next day or so.

This evening the DC Animated folks put on a great show! They are releasing a series of shorts, anchored by a 24 minute mini feature. The Origin OF Captain Marvel, which will feature not only Billy Batson but Superman and BLACK ADAM!

And coming this spring from DC Animated...ALL STAR SUPERMAN!

I have to tell you that, even by the DC Animated standard the footage from both of these coming releases looks FANTASTIC!

Off to bed now! Early morning hunt for those Archies in the morning!

That's 30!

Mitch

See more journals by sholmes202