• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The CGC 9.8 Plan

10 posts in this topic

Need a recommendation from CGC regulars --

Let's say that I wanted to put together a complete NM/Mint run of Ultimate Fantastic Four, all CGC 9.8 or better (it could be any new title). Any given new UFF CGC 9.8+ would run me about $45-55 per book if I buy on eBay, factoring in shipping costs. If I sent books to CGC myself, I might have to submit several of the same issue to ensure that I landed at least one 9.8.

Which route would be most cost efficient? Just buy each graded book on eBay as the series progresses, or buy 'em raw and send them in myself and hope to land a 9.8 for each issue?

The answer seems to depend primarily on how many books I would need to send in of each issue to be confident that I land a 9.8. Other factors I'm missing?

You can get guaranteed 9.8 from subscription services like Colossus Comics, which runs about $35 an issue I think. They will ship each one to you, plus you get entered in a drawing for a free 9.9 or 10.0 book a month.

Although you have to makeup the back issues until it caught up with you subscription.

Doesn't this post seem just a little *too* perfectly set-up to morph into the inevitable advertisement for Colossus Comics' 9.8 subscription service? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Gene

Doesn't this post seem just a little *too* perfectly set-up to morph into the inevitable advertisement for Colossus Comics' 9.8 subscription service? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Gene

Lighthouse does it as well but on "hotter" in demand titles....not necessarily a sub service, but he has been putting up some nice modern 9.8 and higher lately...

I can't speak about the person that provided the Colossus Comics answer, but I have no connection whatsoever. Never heard of Colossus until this post. I'm new to the boards, and it was just an honest post. I'll keep looking in the Marketplace for CGC books, also. Thanks for the suggestions.