• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold/Silver/Bronze collector ages?

43 posts in this topic

What this tells me is that most of the people who responded to these polls grew up reading the same books I did (early to mid-80s stuff). Those were the days.... cloud9.gif

As a follow-up to my earlier poll regarding the year we started reading comics, I'd be curious to know what the ages are of the gold, silver, bronze, and modern collectors on the board? There have been a lot of threads recently about people here starting to collect "older" comic book ages than they had before, which mirrors the path I personally went down (Bronze to Silver to Gold). So...please check out the Collecting Polls forum and vote (if you collect 'em all, then answer 'em all)!!

Thanks for the input to date fellow collectors. An analysis of the data so far shows:

42 Modern Age collectors/readers, most in their 30's, but skewed towards a younger audience (12 under 30)

45 Bronze Age collectors, most between 30-43 (6 under 30, 6 over 43)

47 Silver Age collectors, most in their 30's, but a wider collector base (9 under 30, 12 over 40)

28 Golden Age collectors, with only about half of the respondents in their 30's, 5 under 30 and 8 over 40 for another diverse group age-wise

If you haven't voted, please visit the Polls forum and stand up and be counted!! thumbsup2.gif

If you are concerned about storage space and future liquidity of your collection, your plan sounds like a great idea. It would be a real challenge too, as those books are not cheap. But what a fun thing to do to start from scratch like that. thumbsup2.gif

I starting collecting in 1981 as a sophmore in high school. Mostly Marvel and DC's.

I was spending $250 to $400 a week after hs, and buying everything that came out until about '96 and then I got married and ........you guessed it, the wife thought it was more important to have a house and kids than comics. I haven't bought new comics since. I have though, purchased the occasional silver age book, a couple a month and have 42 long boxes now. I thought that I would never sell any comics, but was forced to sell some to finance a move to Seattle last year.

The question of the day is: Do I sell them all and start over, or keep on keeping on?

If I sell them all, (there are just too many) I would like to start over and buy just the 1st 100 issues of ASM, FF, Avengers...etc at 9.4's or above. Never having more than 500 or so comics at any given time. What do you fine people think?

I havent bought any new books for about 8-9 years now, but just silver age, anything I'm missing?

Thanks for your time in advance.