• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #100 CGC 9.2 + others HG raw

35 posts in this topic

NEW PACKAGE DEALS -- See page 3 for details!

I'm trying to raise a little cash for the October Clink auction and WW Austin, so some nice books will have to go. I had hoped to start working on a higher-grade Avengers collection, but that focus will have to wait while I tackle other priorities.

I'll be posting a variety of books over the next few days, including some nice lower grade early ASMs and a few higher grade late TOS books. I will dig through a few boxes and see what else I can find.

:takeit: trumps PMs. I'm not going to negotiate much on this book as the asking price is what I paid about a year or so ago. I'll accept Paypal (personal preferred but regular is fine too) or MOs as payment. Shipping is included in the price of the book, any returns are at the buyer's expense. Shipping outside the US can be negotiated as long as the package can be tracked. I love to combine shipping, so feel free to buy multiple books!

Beautiful copy I bought slabbed off of Clink. This beauty can be yours for $160 shipped.

Avengers100CGC.jpg

Love this book

So buy it! :baiting:

I'll be posting more books over the next few days, mainly a few lower grade early ASMs and some nice later TOSs. I need to raise some funds!

Me too, its called a house! lol I have one book to pay for on payments and after that a 1year hiatus from buying for myself. But this book being here is a shocker! :o

Amazing Spider-man #22 in about G/VG 3.0

Solid copy, with the main defect being a subscription-like crease on the front cover. This crease doesn't appear on the pages that I could see. Both covers have some NCB light wrinkling and some light CB creasing. A bit of rust around the staples with some minor migration. Minor 1/4 inch split at the bottom spine corner. Page quality is decent. Cover and centerfold well attached at both staples, and book is complete. SOLD.

ASM22.jpg

ASM22bc.jpg

Me too, its called a house! lol I have one book to pay for on payments and after that a 1year hiatus from buying for myself. But this book being here is a shocker! :o

Why is it a shocker? I'd rather try it on the boards first instead of putting it on eBay. I always prefer to sell to a fellow boardie if I can.

Why is it a shocker? I'd rather try it on the boards first instead of putting it on eBay. I always prefer to sell to a fellow boardie if I can.

Im shocked nobody bought it (thumbs u

Tales of Suspense #89 -- 9.0-9.2 raw

Really nice copy of this book. I recently accidentally upgraded this copy by putting a lowball bid on a Clink auction and actually won. The CGC 9.2 I replaced this book with is very similar in grade. The upper left corner has a bit of an impact crease and that one stress mark by IM's elbow, otherwise the spine is tight and the book is flat. I don't currently have a bc scan but can make one if you would like. SOLD.

TOS89.jpg

Amazing Spider-man #12 in about VG 4.0.

Book has more eye appeal than a typical 4.0, but it has a light subscription crease that I feel likely keeps it out of any higher technical grade. Book has only light wear otherwise. Edges of inside covers are lightly tanned, page quality is still decent. Cover and centerfold both well attached at both staples. Overall a nice looking copy. SOLD

ASM12.jpg

ASM12bc.jpg

Amazing Spider-man #11 in about G/VG 3.0.

Nice copy for the grade with extremely rich cover colors. Book has general wear consistent with grade, particularly spine wear, a bit of corner creasing, and a 1/4 inch spine split at the bottom corner. PQ is quite nice, likely OW-W. Cover and centerfold are attached at both staples. Second appearance of Doc Ock. SOLD.

ASM11.jpg

ASM11bc.jpg

Tales of Suspense #96 in about 8.5-9.0.

Nice copy with only a few small defects that knock it out of solid NM condition. Book has a bit of spine stress, a tiny wrinkle above the "us" in "Suspsense", and the slightest hint of a bend below the left edge of Cap's shield that looks worse in the scan than in person. There is also a light dust shadow on the right that is most visible in the cloud. SOLD.

TOS96.jpg

TOS96bc.jpg

Tales of Suspense #12 in apparent 4.5 (suspected right edge trim)

Pretty book that I bought as unrestored but now suspect to be trimmed. The right edge of the cover just looks too good and a bit too short. The book lays flat with some spine and edge wear, and a few NCB bends in the front cover that you can't see unless you flash the gloss (and the book is nice and glossy). Great color, nice pages. Cover and centerfold are firmly attached at both staples. Really nice copy if you don't mind the trim. SOLD

TOS12.jpg

TOS12bc.jpg

Avengers #71 (1st Invaders) -- about 9.0 with an outside shot at 9.2.

Really nice copy, and if not for that dinged upper spine corner it would be an easy 9.2-9.4. Flat and tight with nice pages. Back cover scans can be supplied if needed, but other than a small pencilled price on the back cover there isn't anything to be concerned about. SOLD.

Avengers71.jpg

Really nice copy, and if not for that dinged upper spine corner it would be an easy 9.2-9.4. Flat and tight with nice pages. Back cover scans can be supplied if needed, but other than a small pencilled price on the back cover there isn't anything to be concerned about. Asking $55 shipped.

Avengers71.jpg

:takeit:

Avengers #74 -- 8.5-9.0.

Pretty copy I am grading conservatively. Has a minor bump to the top spine corner, a tiny ding to the top edge above the first "E" in the title, some light spine stress, and a few interior pages with 1/4" corner creases. Cover is generally tight, flat, and just about perfectly centered. May press higher if the new owner would like to try it. Asking $40 $30 shipped.

Avengers74.jpg

Really nice copy, and if not for that dinged upper spine corner it would be an easy 9.2-9.4. Flat and tight with nice pages. Back cover scans can be supplied if needed, but other than a small pencilled price on the back cover there isn't anything to be concerned about. Asking $55 shipped.

Avengers71.jpg

:takeit:

^^

Avengers #123 (Origin Mantis) -- very conservative 9.2 (looks 9.6)

Stunning copy with just the lightest of wear. Extremely minor spine stress, light NCB bend in Vision's cape just along the right edge, and a very tiny production chip in Thor's left boot. Very light 1/2 inch bend in upper left corner of back cover that would easily press out (maybe even with the proverbial stack of encyclopedias) if you are of that persuasion. That's it. Excellent copy I'm asking $20 shipped for.

Avengers123.jpg