• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Katy Keene appearances reprinted in digests help

9 posts in this topic

I posted something over in the archie fan boards as well but you guys here have a wealth of information. I found someone that is selling a bunch of archie digests. I know that some of these have Katy reprints. I already picked up all the Katy Keene digests that she had but would like to pick up ones with just Katy appearances.

These are the ones that I think have her appearances in them:

Betty & Veronica Double Digest 164 and 165

Laugh Comics Digest 34 and 108

I think that they reprint stories from vol 1. I don't really need stories from vol 2 (1980's series) as I already most of those issues. I haven't been able to find a site that lists the digest content but if anyone has that information please post a link.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I probably just answered my own question as I found a bunch of laugh digest that have Katy on the cover. Looks like she is in 34-46 roughly. However, if anyone knows of any other digest with older Katy Keene reprints please post.

Thanks.

Have you checked the GCD? I know it has some digest listings, but most have incomplete issue information.

That's where I gathered that 34-51 must have KK as she is on the cover. AtomicAvenue has do info regarding stories too. It just seems that the Archie digest info is sparse. I have a feeling that she is in a few more recent Laugh digests as well but just not on the cover. I don't believe that seller has an of the Laughs that she is in as I remember looking at the covers when I was there.

I guess I will just keep posting in my own thread. I do know that there are Archie collectors on these boards. So if anyone wants to help please do.

Looking for confirmation if these digest contain vintage Katy Keene stories. These ones state Katy Keene stories on the cover but don't know which ones they may be as the picture is her more recent look.

Betty and Veronica DD 166 -169; 174 & 175, 179 (this digest are recent from 2008)

Thanks.

Rather than posting a new thread...

Betty and Veronica Double Digest has been reprinting some Katy Keene stories. I am guessing it is a tribute to their 70th anniversary and I am not sure how long they have done the KK stories. I have Betty and Veronica Double Digest 196-198 and they all have Katy Keene reprints in them. Just in case if anyone is interested.

So if anyone has the previous digests and wants to check for any KK stories, I would appreciate it. I believe the 70 anniversary cover tribute started in August so there should not be too many to check. Also, the GCD has 194-195 indexed without any KK stories.

Thanks!