• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My local comic book store is closing....

45 posts in this topic

which 2 south florida stores are hurting?

I live in Broward County and go to all the stores in Broward.

Thanks for sharing,

jeff

As I mentioned in your PM I prefer not to mention who is hurting but since you frequent the stores you can ask them how biz is doing.

Well, there is a little bit of good news - Rob will be keeping the store front open for another month to handle all the late shipments and excess inventory, and he will be keeping a subscription service for a number of his customers.

On another LCS closing front, I heard that that Silver Snail on Queen St. might be closing down in the future, but this is due to the building being sold.

Active Surplus! A fantastic store that never ceases to amaze me with the weird and wonderful stuff they get (my favourite is the screaming flying monkey).

I won't miss the Snail as much as well, but I do have fond memories of that place when I was much younger and it was one of a handful of comic book stores in Toronto. It looks like we're going back to those days again with only a handful of surviving stores....