• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post those low grade books with great eye appeal!

55 posts in this topic

I'm sure most of us have at least one low grade book with eye appeal better than higher graded copies of the same issue, so let's see 'em. For this thread, let's define low grade as 4.5 or lower.

Here's one of mine. Only a 4.5, but cleaner and brighter than several other copies I've seen...

a63_1.gif

Here is one that really chaps my rear end everytime I get a glimpse of it as I flip through my books. It was advertised in the CBG as a Rare NM Beauty and I quickly mailed my $300 of in anticipation of a Rare NM Beauty.

The book has more glue holding it together than Bert Reynolds toupee. It almost looks like it was once torn into two pieces and mended together at the spine. Click on the pic for a high-res pic and take a look at the spine. This may be one old book that will be better off IN a CGC holder.

And now... everyone... enjoy my Rare NM Beauty!

http://home.comcast.net/~files4storage/StrangeWorlds.JPG' " target="_blank">StrangeWorlds.JPG

Color touched too, eh?

Here is one that really chaps my rear end everytime I get a glimpse of it as I flip through my books. It was advertised in the CBG as a Rare NM Beauty and I quickly mailed my $300 of in anticipation of a Rare NM Beauty.

The book has more glue holding it together than Bert Reynolds toupee. It almost looks like it was once torn into two pieces and mended together at the spine. Click on the pic for a high-res pic and take a look at the spine. This may be one old book that will be better off IN a CGC holder.

And now... everyone... enjoy my Rare NM Beauty!

http://home.comcast.net/~files4storage/StrangeWorlds.JPG' " target="_blank">StrangeWorlds.JPG

Simply put, this book has no equal.

af15.jpg

2.5 Blue label... thumbsup2.gif

Only if you write "Action 1" on the cover before getting it slabbed. gossip.gifblush.gif

893whatthe.gifmakepoint.gif I'm still amazed that anyone would pay more than $20 for that POS! confused.gif

I'm shocked that anyone feels that way. It's an AF 15, for God's sake! Sure, it's not as good as a $1000 copy, but if you only have a few hundred to spend on one, you're just $#!* out of luck?

I loved this comic. Bought in in '96 on an eBay knock-off auction site for $100. Had to sell it a few years back, and the search is on for a replacement. I didn't like the tape peel, but for $100 I couldn't pass it up. After a while, the peel didn't matter to me, and I wish I had that exact comic again. The pages were WHITE and looked brand new.

batman27t.jpg