• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post those low grade books with great eye appeal!

55 posts in this topic

If I said I think mid-grade is VG to F, then that would be 4.0 to 6.0. I would probably start the low-grade at 3.5. Mid-grade 4.0-7.0. High grade 7.5 and higher.

I know this is all subjective, but I just can't see a VG book as mid-grade, and there are many high-grade collectors out there that wouldn't go near a 7.5.

If I said I think mid-grade is VG to F, then that would be 4.0 to 6.0. I would probably start the low-grade at 3.5. Mid-grade 4.0-7.0. High grade 7.5 and higher.

I know this is all subjective, but I just can't see a VG book as mid-grade, and there are many high-grade collectors out there that wouldn't go near a 7.5.

Yeah, it's one of those worthless debates, like when the Bronze Age officially started. crazy.gif I know alot of comic fans (not investors) who won't buy anything higher than G (VG, if it's less than $5). (See Yahoo Groups "Silver Age Golden Age")

For me, anything below a 5.0 is a low grade reader. High grade is 8.0 or higher. But that's just me.

You'll never guess what CGC graded this without seeing the back cover. The piece missing on the ULC extends horizontally on the back cover for about another 1.75 inches so it got a 2.5. The book has OW pages and is 6.0 or better in every way but for that piece missing. Because most of it's on the back cover this book has great eye appeal IMO and for $8 less then guide "Good" price I couldn't pass it up.

xmen02.jpg

He said 2.5 due to a huge spine split.

Being a spine freak I couldn't stand to own a book like that.

It would mock me...

"I look so nice but don't dare read me,

because I'll fall apart completely"

foreheadslap.gif

Where did I say huge? tongue.gif

Actually spine split is not even really the correct way to describe this. The spine does have a sort of severe fold but there are only two split areas, probably around an inch or an inch and a half total. And it reads fine tongue.gif

It is low grade, but it sure presents well. For $100 I'd buy it again smile.gifhi.gif It's the sort of book that would sell better raw than slabbed I think. flowerred.gif

Nothing really, my friends and all always make that joke when a book has a name on the cover like it's a pedigree or something. I had a High Grade Sensation #23 that had a cursive "Jackie O" written on the cover and we said, " Hey..it's the 'Jacko' copy."

Jackie Onasis!?! I wonder. 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifinsane.gif

Timely