• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRICES REDUCEDAffordable DC, low grade GA: WF 15, GL 22, more, and SA Batman 171

29 posts in this topic

Hello all, it's been a while since my last sales thread, but it is time to move this small group of books. I sold off my collection last winter, but I just can't stop myself from junking. I found all of these books from a part time antiquer over the summer. He was a bit of a comic collector and new just enough about comics to be dangerous with a price guide.

I'm not really collecting again, but I couldn't let great old books like this pass. I bought these books with the intent of passing along to boardies, but have been too busy to get them listed.

I've got 11 books to list tonight, all DC, early Gold, 50s, and one Silver Age book.

The list: World's Finest 15, Green Lantern 22, Action 156, Tec 162, Sensation 63, WW 48, Adv 211, Batman 135 and a nice Batman 171 (1st SA Riddler) and cover stripped/returned copies of Superman 91 and Tec 249.

Sale Details:

All normal CGC sales rules apply.

The first :takeit: in the thread takes precedent over PMs.

Feel free to PM with offers, but I'm a slow typist and poster, so I'll be working hard to get these all listed tonight and may not see your PM right away. i'll respond as soon as I can.

$5 shipping, 1st class USPS in the US

PAYPAL only at this time.

First up, let's start right in the middle...

Action Comics # 156 SOLD

Piece missing bottom right corner, tiny piece barely hanging on at top right corner. Bottom staple pulled, a couple small spine tears and a couple small pieces missing on spine. Big piece missing bottom left of back cover and last page of book, but doesn't affect story, last page is ad page. decent cream to off-white pages.

Call it Fair

SOLD

action156f.jpg

action156int.jpg

action156b.jpg

Detective Comics #162 SOLD

Check out the great ad for strange Adventures #1!

Small tear upper right edge, small tear top margin ( about 3/4 to 1" each). Small spine tears but cover firmly attaxched at both staples. Piece missing lower back cover.

Call it GOOD

SOLD

det162f.jpg

det162int.jpg

det162b.jpg

Next up, the cover stripped books.

Superman #91 and Detective #249

Both books are a shame, nice bright colors that would make for nice books.

But, cover stripped, so low grade, of course.

$20 now $15 each

or $35 now $25 for pair incl USPS in US

supe91f.jpg

supe91int.jpg

supe91b.jpg

det249f.jpg

det249int.jpg

det249b.jpg

Wonder Woman #48 SOLD

Lots of light pencil writing on front cover (someone's math homework from 60 years ago??).Small piece missing bottom right corner and bottom spine, small spine tears. Moderate general wear, but cover attached at both staples and presents fairly well for low grade.

Call it about GOOD

SOLD

ww48f.jpg

ww48int.jpg

ww48b.jpg

Sensation Comics #63 SOLD

Small chew marks at various spots along right hand edge. Cover loose from bottom staple but tight at top staple. Presents well, but seems to have been exposed to moisture at some point in its history. Very light moisture wrinkling on front cover not really visible but apparent to the touch. Light wrinkling of back cover a bit more obvious. Interior has just very light water damage style wrinkling/warping.

Call it GOOD

SOLD

sen63f.jpg

sen63int.jpg

sen63b.jpg

First up, let's start right in the middle...

Action Comics # 156

Piece missing bottom right corner, tiny piece barely hanging on at top right corner. Bottom staple pulled, a couple small spine tears and a couple small pieces missing on spine. Big piece missing bottom left of back cover and last page of book, but doesn't affect story, last page is ad page. decent cream to off-white pages.

Call it Fair

$20

action156f.jpg

action156int.jpg

action156b.jpg

:takeit:

Action Comics #156 is SOLD to Shiverbones!

Thank you Shiverbones! Send me a PM with your shipping info and I'll send you my PAYPAL info as soon as I get a chance. BTW, I'll be glad to combine shipping if there is anything else you are interested in.

Need to still get the best books posted....

Batman #171

Nice sharp colors and gloss, my lousy pics don't do this one justice at all. Light spine wear and rubbing, real light wear at the edges and minor cover wear. Cream pages. I was thinking Fine-ish when i picked it up, but...

Conservatively call it a VG/VG+

$70 now $55

batman171f.jpg

batman171int.jpg

batman171b.jpg

World's Finest #15 SOLD

Cover is completely separated from book. Lots of overall wear, spine tears, etc... Nice colors, cream pages and presents well for a low grade book.

Somewhere around Fair I guess, maybe an old-school FR/GD

SOLD

wf15f.jpg

wf15int.jpg

wf15b-1.jpg

Green Lantern #22

Decent looking copy, especially for a low grade white cover. Piece missing upper right corner, numerous creases bottom right corner and several pages into the book. light spine wear and several tiny tears along bottom edge. Lots of creasing to back cover. Centerfold loose, but present and book is complete. Nice off-white pages. Overall feels nice and solid for a well read copy

Solid GOOD

$100 now $90

gl22f.jpg

gl22int.jpg

gl22b.jpg