• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern 7 9.4

37 posts in this topic

These books weren't as expensive when Tim wisely started accumulating them. (worship)

Although he no longer has his super sweet GLs, he still has a few gems in his collection. (thumbs u

(worship) My philosophy is buy low sell high or buy low and hold. I'm sure Tim would have bought a SC22 if it was available at 9.2+. (shrug)

As Teddie said, if it was a 9.4 then he might have chased it..............or if it was a Legion book that was hard to find.

tth2 spits on 9.2's. You won't find a book lower then 9.4 in his collection.

Rumor has it that you, Tim and other members of the uber high grade DC secret society crack out hard to find in high grade books in lowly 9.2 and use them to light cigars when you get together. :baiting:

These books weren't as expensive when Tim wisely started accumulating them. (worship)

Although he no longer has his super sweet GLs, he still has a few gems in his collection. (thumbs u

(worship) My philosophy is buy low sell high or buy low and hold. I'm sure Tim would have bought a SC22 if it was available at 9.2+. (shrug)

As Teddie said, if it was a 9.4 then he might have chased it..............or if it was a Legion book that was hard to find.

SC22 9.4 and GL1 would have looked great as a pair. Seriously...late 50's and early 60's in 9.4+ are difficult to score raw. I still can't believe the one single SC23 in 9.4 and not to mention others like...BB28 9.4, Adventure 247, GL1. SC4...etc. It's sure makes Marvels in 9.4+ a dime a dozen.

Rumor has it that you, Tim and other members of the uber high grade DC secret society crack out hard to find in high grade books in lowly 9.2 and use them to light cigars when you get together. :baiting:

This thread is just crying out for this:

calvin5.jpg

SC22 9.4 and GL1 would have looked great as a pair. Seriously...late 50's and early 60's in 9.4+ are difficult to score raw. I still can't believe the one single SC23 in 9.4 and not to mention others like...BB28 9.4, Adventure 247, GL1. SC4...etc. It's sure makes Marvels in 9.4+ a dime a dozen.

I regret not acquiring the 9.4 SC 23 when it came up on Comiclink a few years ago, but it was a classic case of bad timing. I had been trying to get a hold of Rob Rogovin for years to try to pry it away from him, and then wouldn`t you know it, by the time he put it up on Comiclink, I had already agreed to sell my GL collection to board member Spunkydo. Therefore my incentive to go hard for the book to complement my now non-existent GL collection was close to zero.

calvin5.jpg

:roflmao:

I regret not acquiring the 9.4 SC 23 when it came up on Comiclink a few years ago, but it was a classic case of bad timing. I had been trying to get a hold of Rob Rogovin for years to try to pry it away from him, and then wouldn`t you know it, by the time he put it up on Comiclink, I had already agreed to sell my GL collection to board member Spunkydo. Therefore my incentive to go hard for the book to complement my now non-existent GL collection was close to zero.

I figured you would have went for it. It was great money for the SC22-SC24 set during that time.

calvin5.jpg

:roflmao:

:applause: very funny indeed. lol

I figured you would have went for it. It was great money for the SC22-SC24 set during that time.

In retrospect, they were good prices, but who knew GL prices were going to explode the way they have?

Given that the CL SC 22 is a better looking copy than the Heritage/Gary Keller SC 22, it was a really great buy.

In retrospect, they were good prices, but who knew GL prices were going to explode the way they have?

Given that the CL SC 22 is a better looking copy than the Heritage/Gary Keller SC 22, it was a really great buy.

Yeah...all three books could have been bought for around $40K. The CL SC22 should be the most valuable SC22 to date.

Yeah...all three books could have been bought for around $40K. The CL SC22 should be the most valuable SC22 to date.

Well, there's no telling what was the max bid of the winner of the SC 23. It could've been well north of the winning bid. If stupid Rob had just listed it a year earlier, I would definitely have gone after it. I might not have won it, but it would've ended up going for quite a bit more.