• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pep #22 (1st Archie, Jughead, Veronica) For Sale [SOLD]

104 posts in this topic

I am glad things work out for Roy and Cosmic....understandably so the skepticism from others when the book was listed but we all need to be on guard after all the scammers fly by night lately.

happy endings :applause:

Just curious - with all the middle-man action this books had, is the Pep 22 trade that was posted in the WTB section the same book being offered here, or a different one? Seems too coincidental that two different board members post a coverless PEP 22 on the same day.

I am glad things work out for Roy and Cosmic....understandably so the skepticism from others when the book was listed but we all need to be on guard after all the scammers fly by night lately.

happy endings :applause:

Yes, I'm always a little concerned when a new seller with a very hot book, magically appears here.

It's not like there are billboards...and we have had a few incidents.

Hopefully CosmicBoy will stay.

Hi all,

I have a COVERLESS Pep #22 in beautiful shape that I am fielding offers for. This copy is tight to the spine, staples are shiny, excellent page quality, no brittleness, and 100% complete. This is absolutely the nicest coverless copy available on the market right now.

sany0503u.jpg

As many of you know, recently beater coverless copies in horrendous shape have sold on Ebay for $3200+.

I am asking $4500 in a combination of cash/trade for this copy. I will cover shipping/insurance. At the rate these are selling at high prices, I think that's a steal.

I am collector, not a dealer, and am looking to sell to another COLLECTOR only.

I am looking for a cash (paypal), or part cash (paypal)/part trade deal.

I am always looking to trade for Golden Age DC keys, early Superman issues, Silver Age Marvel keys, and Adventure #247.

I have attached a picture above to show the quality and crispness of this book.

For more pictures or to discuss or place an offer, please PM me or contact me at:

brainiacfive.0@gmail.com

I will consider all serious cash/trade offers. Thanks!

:takeit: pm was also sent

Huge Kudos to this guy as well! (Boobie gears)

Just curious - with all the middle-man action this books had, is the Pep 22 trade that was posted in the WTB section the same book being offered here, or a different one? Seems too coincidental that two different board members post a coverless PEP 22 on the same day.

Pretty sure they are Different books.

Archie123 is Rudy from here in South Florida.

Hi all,

I'm not really a message board kind of guy, but I am a paying member of Collectors Society, and that is why I came here looking for a deal.

Welcome to the Shark tank! lol

So lemme see if I understand this correctly . . . Roy ends up buying the book after diverting everyone else's interest by questioning your integrity in the sales thread? Pretty tactical move if you ask me. hm

Congrats on the sale, btw (thumbs u

Ok I am here to clarify everything as I dont want nobody thinking CosmicBoy is a scammer.

My name is Terry. My husband is Rudy. I made an offer to CosmicBoy on the Pep # 22 to end the auction early. He accepted and waited for me to make payment. It is personal but I dont want everybody to gang up on CosmicBoy. My husband, Rudy, lost his job yesterday morning. I immediately had to back out of the purchase. I am glad CosmicBoy understood. That is the reason he has it up for sale again.

On Tuesday morning before I found out my husband had lost his job, I had put up in the boards that I wanted to trade a coverless Pep # 22 for a low grade Archie # 1. That was me acting on the fact that I was going to pay for the book and receive it on Friday. Sorry for the confusion to all and again I would like to apoligize to COsmicBoy for all this as he has been very understanding through the whole process.

This is the second time I had to back out of a major purchase because of job troubles. First time was an Action # 9.

If anybody is intersted I will be putting up for sale some hard to find golden age Archies and some silver age DC's and marvels' on Ebay shortly as I am forced to sell my collection including a major book if that deal falls through.

Hi all,

I'm not really a message board kind of guy, but I am a paying member of Collectors Society, and that is why I came here looking for a deal.

Welcome to the Shark tank! lol

So lemme see if I understand this correctly . . . Roy ends up buying the book after diverting everyone else's interest by questioning your integrity in the sales thread? Pretty tactical move if you ask me. hm

Congrats on the sale, btw (thumbs u

I actually wasn't diverting anything. I just wanted to make sure that the seller was legit, as I had what seemed like several versions of a story but after speaking to Archie123 and Cosmic Boy I now realize that the losing of the job was the missing (key).

It seems that I had been working on the same Pep #22 through two different people over the past day and now I have a deal in place with the owner.

(thumbs u

Well, I've already spoken to Boobiegears via PM

(thumbs u

This was all an elaborate plot to force you to use "Boobiegears" in a sentence.

All I have to say is...

kim-jong-il-team-america1-1-1.jpg

I actually wasn't diverting anything. I just wanted to make sure that the seller was legit, as I had what seemed like several versions of a story but after speaking to Archie123 and Cosmic Boy I now realize that the losing of the job was the missing (key).

It seems that I had been working on the same Pep #22 through two different people over the past day and now I have a deal in place with the owner.

(thumbs u

So does that mean Roy got Roy'd by himself? :baiting:

This book has had NO middle man action. Whatever the story is, it's false. It has been in my sole possession since I acquired it years ago.

No harm or foul, and I hope you can appreciate how the optics of this situation appeared to the casual observer, which is why I left the comment I did.

Congrats on the deal and glad this worked out for everyone.