• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about MOKF

49 posts in this topic

I am putting together a reader set of MOKF and was wondering how long Starlin was on the book. I checked in my Overstreet guide but it does not say. If anyone could fill me in I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

I thought he co- wrote a couple of early storys but don't have them handy.BTW-In one early issue,Jim,Steve Englehart and Al Milgrom try to mug Shang-Chi.This is the first of many times Jim drew himself and his friends into a story.

the special marvel editions are done by Starlin and the 1st and 2nd appearances of MOKF.

last year at Wizard World East it seemed like I heard a bazillion people asking for the book... in the last year though, I haven't seen as many around nor heard nearly the number of requests I was hearing for it.

I started picking up a handful of issues last summer and noticed I wasn't the only one so I stopped. I thought I would wait until things cooled off a bit. Got to looking at them the other day and decided to start picking them up again. Unfortunately, it does not seem like there are as many being offered on ebay right now as before. confused-smiley-013.gif

I guess I'll just pick a random issue to stop at. Maybe issue 50 or something.

Thanks to everyone for the input on Starlin.

Unfortunately, it does not seem like there are as many being offered on ebay right now as before.

Thats mainly because the books have no real $$$ value, not because they are hard to come by in grade. Good luck collecting the run, you have made a fine choice. thumbsup2.gif

I started picking up a handful of issues last summer and noticed I wasn't the only one so I stopped. I thought I would wait until things cooled off a bit. Got to looking at them the other day and decided to start picking them up again. Unfortunately, it does not seem like there are as many being offered on ebay right now as before. confused-smiley-013.gif

I guess I'll just pick a random issue to stop at. Maybe issue 50 or something.

Yeah, issue #50 was around where I stopped because this is where the Paul Gulacy artwork ends. Gulacy basically got his big start with MOKF and built his reputation here. Probably should have kept collecting the entire run since the later artwork by Gene Day (?) was also quite well done.

Any opinions on Gulacy's latest artwork on the current Catwoman run?

That auction is on my watch list. I think I'll just keep picking them up and not even worry about what issue to stop at. I have read a couple already and enjoyed them. Thanks for the link.

The art on this run is pretty good, but what really makes the series is the writing. Moench was in top form, and these are probably my favorite 70's Marvel comics. Some of it is a bit dated today, but most of it holds up really well. I would recommend picking up the whole run.

Did you see the Special Marvel Edition #16 three-pack that Joe Koch is selling on ebay? VF/NM uncirculated copies. I bought six before and they ranged from 9.0 to 9.4 raw with white pages. I just bought another three of them for $24.99 total.

I had a bid on it, but I think I'll bow out and let you guys who really want the series fight over it. smirk.gif

I'm bidding on this as well!

Ill give them a little run for there money as I really love this series and all !

Davidking623