• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VA Comicon 11/20 - 11/21 Richmond, VA

65 posts in this topic

I went today. Not a bad show, though kind of light on high-grade silver material. I was looking for Journey into Mystery books 7.0+ and there was less than 5 copies TOTAL in the room. I know it's a hot title right now, but sheesh! Silver across the board was there in copious amounts, but lower-grade more common material.

I went today. Not a bad show, though kind of light on high-grade silver material. I was looking for Journey into Mystery books 7.0+ and there was less than 5 copies TOTAL in the room. I know it's a hot title right now, but sheesh! Silver across the board was there in copious amounts, but lower-grade more common material.

How was the crowd? Meet anyone?

Only a few days away! :banana:

Hope they let me on the plane this time... I was almost "Denied Flight" on the way to Austin... lol

They did that to me and my friends. However, in hindsight, i understand why now. We were coming back from a bachelor party in South Beach, still drunk from the Clevelander hotel, and sitting by the emergency exit on our flight back to New York.

Ahhh... The Clevelander... Good times

There were a lot of boardies there for such a small show. I saw:

jeBailey

BeachBum

TopNotchMan

sborock

rtecbot

gregreece

Rich_Henn

Piersonite

and I'm sure a few others I'm forgetting at the moment.

Quick show report

Huge crowd.......maybe even more people than we saw at the NC Comicon the weekend before. Unfortunately for me, that didn't translate into equal sales.

Did about 1/3 what I did in Raleigh. Lots more competition in the room though.

I saw boardies

jeBailey - thank for helping us get loaded in on Saturday morning

TopNotchMan - thanks for the buy

RICK_STARR - again....thanks for the buy. Wish I had pulled the trigger on the Baker books...... (for $50.... I should kick myself)

jimjum12 and his two partners in crime :kidaround:

sborock - he spent most of the weekend at Shelton's tables beside me

gregreece - good meeting you!

and I'm sure some other people I'm forgetting.

Great buying show though. Picked up a GL #9, an Archie #50 and a pretty nice Jungle comic(can't remember the #?)

A stack of westerns for $3 each that I know I can sell to the cheap a** customers I have for these lol

Also spent a bunch with Jeff Weaver.......he had some super nice stuff in his $2 boxes. Also bought a Showcase #18 plus some DC war and a few low grade Wonder Womans from him.

Also spent a bunch with Richie Muchin. Know you either love or hate Richie, but I've always enjoyed the guy.....he's quite a hoot. lol

Quick show report

Huge crowd.......maybe even more people than we saw at the NC Comicon the weekend before. Unfortunately for me, that didn't translate into equal sales.

I saw boardies

RICK_STARR - again....thanks for the buy. Wish I had pulled the trigger on the Baker books...... (for $50.... I should kick myself)

Great buying show though. Picked up a GL #9, an Archie #50 and a pretty nice Jungle comic(can't remember the #?)

A stack of westerns for $3 each that I know I can sell to the cheap a** customers I have for these lol

Also spent a bunch with Jeff Weaver.......he had some super nice stuff in his $2 boxes. Also bought a Showcase #18 plus some DC war and a few low grade Wonder Womans from him.

Also spent a bunch with Richie Muchin. Know you either love or hate Richie, but I've always enjoyed the guy.....he's quite a hoot. lol

Well darn, hate the cash flow wasn't good, makes for a long weekend if the huge crowd isn't buying. Same amount of work with 1/3 the reward. I'm going to try and throw a little green at you at Lyn's show :)

Al was pretty negative about this show, saying he packed up early sunday morning and left it was so bad. I did hear it was a decent buying show though.

Yes, he did pack up Sunday morning and leave.

There were lots of "new comic" people at the show I would suspect.

Probably not as many vintage buyers as what we saw at the NC Comicon the weekend before.

Quick show report

I saw boardies

Well darn, hate the cash flow wasn't good, makes for a long weekend if the huge crowd isn't buying. Same amount of work with 1/3 the reward. I'm going to try and throw a little green at you at Lyn's show :)

(worship)

Look forward to seeing you on December 12th (thumbs u

Al was pretty negative about this show, saying he packed up early sunday morning and left it was so bad. I did hear it was a decent buying show though.

Wish he'd stayed.....my buddies had a couple grand to spend on the type of inventory he carries....but we didn't get there til Sunday. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Wish he'd stayed.....my buddies had a couple grand to spend on the type of inventory he carries....but we didn't get there til Sunday. GOD BLESS...

hahaha! that's why you stay! You never know and it only takes one person to make a show successful.

hahaha! that's why you stay! You never know and it only takes one person to make a show successful.

I dropped over 1K on Sunday with dealers I did not get to spend time with on Saturday, looked like a knee jerk reaction to me to leave early.

Jimbo I was the one finishing up looking at books at Greg's booth on Sunday afternoon, we switched places. (thumbs u

I dropped over 1K on Sunday with dealers I did not get to spend time with on Saturday, looked like a knee jerk reaction to me to leave early.

Jimbo I was the one finishing up looking at books at Greg's booth on Sunday afternoon, we switched places. (thumbs u

......I wish I could've been there both days. The guy next to Gene (Victory Comics ?) had some NICE stuff in his half price boxes. I wish I could've been more thorough. GOD BLESS...