• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Caine

25 posts in this topic

is going to be at the B & N on 5th and 46th today incase anyone is in the area. Would be cool to get him on a Batman comic

With the new rules, any comic signed won't be a CGC SS. So what's the point?

is going to be at the B & N on 5th and 46th today incase anyone is in the area. Would be cool to get him on a Batman comic

Before CGC was there a point to getting any thing signed?The point being if you want the sig get it.Be happy.:)

Though i dig CGC and what they do,they should not be the end all when it comes to your collecting hobby.

IMOP

Before CGC was there a point to getting any thing signed?The point being if you want the sig get it.Be happy.:)

Though i dig CGC and what they do,they should not be the end all when it comes to your collecting hobby.

IMOP

Before CGC I had a ton of books signed. After CGC all my raw signed books became books with signatures that were questionable or fake. Can't sell them for a quarter of the price for what I paid for the book. So what's the point? The point is if I want something to be signed, it should be CGC SS. I don't plan on keeping my books forever. When it comes to buying/selling books with signatures, who are you going to trust? Raw or CGC SS? Case in point; Blasckstarcomics, you trust that guy? Let's say Blackstarcomics went to this Michael Caine signing and got books signed. He put's it up on ebay, would you buy it? What I do with my collecting hobby is my business and if I feel CGC should be the end all then it's my business.

What I do with my collecting hobby is my business and if I feel CGC should be the end all then it's my business.

You are right, that is your business. However, thecollector is perfectly happy to get the signature on his "Dressed to Kill" laser disc, to further enhance his collection. There are others who may want his signature for their collection, it is their choice if they do so, knowing it won't be a CGC SS..

I think everyone realizes the value of a CGC SS and the authenticity it gives, but there is room for non CGC SS signature books for some collectors.

It was a nice gesture for the original poster to make the community aware of a signing.

IMOP

Before CGC I had a ton of books signed. After CGC all my raw signed books became books with signatures that were questionable or fake. Can't sell them for a quarter of the price for what I paid for the book. So what's the point? The point is if I want something to be signed, it should be CGC SS. I don't plan on keeping my books forever. When it comes to buying/selling books with signatures, who are you going to trust? Raw or CGC SS? Case in point; Blasckstarcomics, you trust that guy? Let's say Blackstarcomics went to this Michael Caine signing and got books signed. He put's it up on ebay, would you buy it? What I do with my collecting hobby is my business and if I feel CGC should be the end all then it's my business.

Good for you but if other people would like stuff signed that is, god forbid, not witnessed by CGC, then what is the big deal? It is their choice. If someone wants to add a signed piece of memoribilia that they would like in their collection I don't see what the problem is. Getting it from Blackstarcomics, no, but if they or a close friend gets the sig for them why not?. :shrug:

I think it's a total good thing that people don't just rely on CGC SS. As much as I love it... it's getting a bit much. Some people, even when they know the signature is 100% legit, still can't like it as much as if it were a CGC SS, and that's a little worrying, to me. :shrug:

I'm perfectly happy to get raw items signed, whether they be comic books, bottles of vodka (Thanks Kris! :hi: ) or some other memorabilia

At the end of the day the items are mine alone and it's the experiences that make them priceless. I'm pretty certain that 75% of the things that I have had signed over the years wouldn't sell even if they were CGC SS; not that selling is any motivation to getting my collection signed mind you. It's a personal achievement meet and have my collection signed by my favorite creators.

Steve Ditko or Alan Moore could sign a napkin for me and I would be perfectly fine with that :insane:

Well Thanks for the heads up danny. Cosimo was able to go down and get my Laser Disc signed Mr. Caine. That is great because it is now signed by every major cast member.
you owe me one :baiting:

I wasnt talking about monetary value,or reselling Taro90, thats a seperate issue.

I was talking about the personal/intrinsic value.

Youre above statement is a valid one but for the fan who takes the books and just treasures it as a keepsake the point would be just get the signature.

Blackstarcomics will get whats coming to him.:)

I have plenty of books that are signed and not slabbed. I like them just fine. :)

+ at least a couple hundred. Some of my faves are even personalized. :insane:

Gurantee I'm gonna bust out laughing when I pull this from a longbox years from now.

IMG_0163.jpg