• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicconnect

14 posts in this topic

Just tried this website and made several offers for comics. I notice that most are also for sale on metropolis website. My offers averaged around 25% off (ie less than) buy it now prices.

I am not bothered if an offer is not accepted and appreciate an attempt to bridge a gap but thrown a bit when received a series of counter offers most of which were buy it now price or $1 dollar discounts.

Even more nonplussed to discover when I checked my bids on the website that apparently I had won two comics at prices more than I offered. Is this normal procedure for this website or am I just unlucky?

Certainly the counter offers served no purpose other than to cheese me off. Ultimately I may have gone for buy it now prices but loathe to now. What's the point of inviting offers? Likewise I don't intend to buy the comics won at prices greater than I bid without receiving any counter offer.

I would be interested for others' experiences as certainly many nice comics available on the website I would be interested in if service reasonable.

Mikey

At least you got an answer... :tonofbricks:

I made one offer, got the "free shipping is the best we can do thing"...I said OK, if you can confirm the book has not been trimmed (it looks like it might have been) and never got another response.

I suppose I was rude to ask? :shrug:?

Had a bad experience with Metropolis years ago so not surprised. I suppose they have bigger fish to worry about and their inventory probably means will always attract a satisfactory level of sales without having to extend service levels to to the ordinary collector or is that too harsh based on my limited experience?

This is true.

Metro's own books they place on the CC site don't really have an offer function.

If memory serves I got a $500 from them at there counteroffer of $475 (NOT included shipping) and 2 other much higher $ books I purchased I actually ended up paying full price on there CC site.

So the offer's aren't really offers. Just small kickbacks.

I've probably made 10 or 12 offers there and been rejected on each of them.

Who would take an offer from Bamm-Bamm seriously?

I would think they would love to sell me books at 60-70% off their asking price. Barney increased my allowance recently.

lol