• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink Monthly Free Advertising Alert- let's see the sorrow & the pity

104 posts in this topic

I got the ASM 16 6.5 W for $210 and the ASM 77 9.0 W for $93

I have to admit that I don't have GPA and don't have a solid understanding of what these books normally go for.

They will be nice upgrades to my very rough raw copies though.

Picked up a nicely centered Bats 251 in 9.4 white pages for almost 200 less than the GPA last sale, and 12 mo. avg.

Bats 251

Nice work! (worship) That is a steal...251 is the best Adams cover, period. I thought since there were 3 of those in high grade up there that it might spread out the bidding.

I've personally been sitting this auction out, which sux with all of that great Rocky Mountain bronze age Batman material up there. But in the end I just lost control of my keyboard and bought this for no real reason...like the cover says, "It Had To Happen!":

RAD0B76A20091023_181913.jpg

One of my acquisitions...sold for the price of the last 9.2. Gotta love C-link for bargains.

There were deals, but there were some strong, above GPA prices too, even on items I assumed were fairly dormant. I guess if you persevere (and bid on enough books!) the deals will turn up...

One of my acquisitions...sold for the price of the last 9.2. Gotta love C-link for bargains.

There were deals, but there were some strong, above GPA prices too, even on items I assumed were fairly dormant. I guess if you persevere (and bid on enough books!) the deals will turn up...

My bidding this time around has been a lot quieter then normal....still managed to rack up a good size bill all the same. :tonofbricks:

Time for another sales thread mayhaps? hm

I have picked up 10 books so far. Nothing all the special except I managed to fill one of the few remaining big holes in my first 50 FF run. Paid a bit more than I would have liked at $4,099 but it is still $901 less than the one in the last ComicConnect auction went for.

NICE copy! Wonder why it's even an 8.0? Presents like a 9.6.

RADA23612010928_133134.jpg

And it's even a ook-length classic!

Early FFs in high grade are cool.

Batman 171 sold for cheap. Guess the movie hype has deflated. ;)

Riddler not being in the next Batman movie means I don't have to rush to find a 'Tec 140 before the prices go sky high.

Steal of the auction. I was going to put a bid in but one of my staff came in to talk to me and I missed it. Sure it is a modern but $367 for a Bone 9.4 is crazy low. That is all time GPA low by lots. I am sure the seller is :frustrated: and the buyer is :acclaim:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D3%23Item%5F863911&id=863911

:o

I still expected that book to break a thousand, even if it is in a Qualified Label case.

I wonder if Mschmidt won that book since he is a Bone Comic nut? Otherwise, he is going to be shocked he missed out on this deal.

Wasn't me :frustrated:

But, yes, that was a genuine steal - congrats to the buyer.

Steal of the auction. I was going to put a bid in but one of my staff came in to talk to me and I missed it. Sure it is a modern but $367 for a Bone 9.4 is crazy low. That is all time GPA low by lots. I am sure the seller is :frustrated: and the buyer is :acclaim:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D3%23Item%5F863911&id=863911

:o

I still expected that book to break a thousand, even if it is in a Qualified Label case.

I wonder if Mschmidt won that book since he is a Bone Comic nut? Otherwise, he is going to be shocked he missed out on this deal.

Wasn't me :frustrated:

But, yes, that was a genuine steal - congrats to the buyer.

That book is great.

Here is the one I really wanted in this auction but I backed off bidding...looks way better than 8.5 and the final price reflected its "potential" :P

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dhulk%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F862364&id=862364