• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A tad optimistic?

15 posts in this topic

Ummm... isn't the starting bid on this one a bit out of the sane range?

Maybe, but if you buy this you can combine on shipping and get any other raw books sent for only 50 cents a go. Gotta be good.

Whatever happened to that 9.9 that IdealC was showcasing? Did it sell??
They don't own the book. The owner agreed to loan it to them to showcase it at the San Diego convention. From what I was told, the owner is a multi-millionaire who millions of $$ invested in many other items. He advised Ideal that the book was NOT for sale at any price.

NOT a very good investor something tells me insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif
Just say that based on the infomation given to me regarding his overall portfolio, the book is just a toy to have. I don't think the person cares about the value.

P.S. Who knows what the guy paid for it. He bought it from the person who bought it initially from Ideal. The original price from what I heard was at least $25K.

Is that the same "cracked CGC case" book that was sold on Heritage?

If so, I'd stay far away from it, as you never know with a resub of a 9.8.

I am a stellar raw grader, but a rookie when it comes to slabbing -- so what you are saying is that, if i sent in a comic book back to CGC a few years from now for a new case, there is no guarantee it will get the same grade??

Also i saw for the first time in person a CGC 9.8 slabbed book. I was shocked at the bottom right corner edge. It was a slightly but rather noticably dinged, as if the book had moved around or maybe was not perfectly centered in the slabbed case and was tightly pressed against the chamber. Is it possible for the comic to move around and thus technically not be a 9.8 anymore as it sits in there??

In this scenario, what would happen when you sent it in for a new case??

In this scenario, what would happen when you sent it in for a new case??

Every New Holder book is reviewed by a finalizing grader to see if it has been mishandled or tampered with in any way. If it has been severly mishandled it can possibly suffer damage to the book which would affect the grade. In such a case, the customer would be called immediately, otherwise the book would be re-encapsulated at the same grade.