• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America 100 splash page sold at >$12K

4 posts in this topic

http://www.comiclink.com/./itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsection%2Easp%3F%5FSORT%3DYES%26id%3D1398%26f1%3Di%2ELastUpdate%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3Di%2EPublisher%26ODire2%3DDESC%26f3%3Di%2EIssueNumber%252C%2Bi%2EGenre%26ODire3%3DASC&id=845651

Seemed like a pretty high price to me, even though it's the 1st page splash from the 1st Silver Age Cap. It's a piece that has been offered up several times in the past few years. Not a very dynamic image, at least in my opinion. Best part of it may be the Irving Forbush credit.

As an rabid Kirby Cap collector, I think its an OK price.

In the past year or so (I think this piece was auctioned on ComicLink about 2 years ago for the same price), I've seen 4 Kirby Cap splashes from issues #100-104 sell in the range of 8,500 to 12,750 (this one being the top).

It is not a spectacular action page (well, there's no action!), but ICONIC image, and anyone that's read Cap 100 remembers the flashback sequence. I would pay the premium over the average (quoted above) to have this page.

And one of the few chances to have a Kirby-drawn eskimo!

Yet another example that belies the dictum that if something doesn't meet reserve then that alone proves it wasn't worth the price. That would only be true if 100% of potential buyers saw 100% of all potential listings, and nobody ever had fluctuating money issues or ever changed their minds