• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever seen a ghost?

187 posts in this topic

There is no such thing as "ghosts", that is, the spirits of departed humans, roaming around.

Not to say there's not a spiritual world. There is.

But no, no ghosts wandering around.

I was more or less in agreement with you until the story above happened.

Now, because I have no explanation for a bunch of different people corroborating the same story I'm not so sure...

I have probably posted this in these threads before. I am firmly in the agnostic camp as it relates to the paranormal. I have never seen or experienced any of it. I have had several people that i care about a lot have very strange and unexplained occurrences that give me pause.

The only thing that keeps me out of the "I am positive there is no paranormal" camp, is the fact that so many people have so many different ranges of abilities and senses. It is possible that only some people are capable of experiencing the paranormal, the same way that only some people can hear certain high frequencies or pull multiple distinct scents from the bouquet of a red wine.

There is no such thing as "ghosts", that is, the spirits of departed humans, roaming around.

Now, because I have no explanation for a bunch of different people corroborating the same story I'm not so sure...

I just explained it in the post you quoted: there exists a non-physical world/plane/universe that cannot be (ordinarily) sensed in the physical manner, but which nonetheless exists.

But the souls/spirits of deceased human beings wandering around? No.

The only thing that keeps me out of the "I am positive there is no paranormal" camp, is the fact that so many people have so many different ranges of abilities and senses. It is possible that only some people are capable of experiencing the paranormal, the same way that only some people can hear certain high frequencies or pull multiple distinct scents from the bouquet of a red wine.

This is how I'd explain it as well.

(thumbs u

I think more than just physical senses, certain types of personalities are more in tune to those things that most of us miss or gloss over.

For example, women will have the ability to catch the mood in a room, or read subtle body language, or sense when someone is changing moods even when the physical signs are almost nil whereas men (like me) just trample over everything and turn on the TV to watch the football game etc.

For example, how do some people know when they are being stared at from behind?

There's definitely something deeper than just the physical stuff we see with our naked eyes.

This is how I'd explain it as well.

(thumbs u

I think more than just physical senses, certain types of personalities are more in tune to those things that most of us miss or gloss over.

For example, women will have the ability to catch the mood in a room, or read subtle body language, or sense when someone is changing moods even when the physical signs are almost nil whereas men (like me) just trample over everything and turn on the TV to watch the football game etc.

For example, how do some people know when they are being stared at from behind?

There's definitely something deeper than just the physical stuff we see with our naked eyes.

I'll thank you not to "hippie up" my perfectly cogent and logical statements.

I just explained it in the post you quoted: there exists a non-physical world/plane/universe that cannot be (ordinarily) sensed in the physical manner, but which nonetheless exists.

I think it's really interesting that you can claim the former but dispute the latter.

I'm going to dress up in disguise and follow you around Mid Ohio all the while staring into your thick, auburn locks without you knowing it.

For the most part I need proof before I make any decision. But I keep an open mind.

If you have ever watched the show, Crossing over with John Edward or read any of his books, you may think twice about it.

I think he has this extra sense others here have mentioned.

I'm going to dress up in disguise and follow you around Mid Ohio all the while staring into your thick, auburn locks without you knowing it.

We will have some fun, bud, and hopefully dinner at least once.

I think it's really interesting that you can claim the former but dispute the latter.

Since the entire discussion is based on the unprovable, it should go without saying that this is all a matter of personal belief. I can no more prove my claim than anyone else can prove theirs.

But I am absolutely convinced of the truth of my statements, without doubt in any way. There's absolutely no question in my mind about it.

For the most part I need proof before I make any decision. But I keep an open mind.

If you have ever watched the show, Crossing over with John Edward or read any of his books, you may think twice about it.

I think he has this extra sense others here have mentioned.

John Edward is, like every "spiritist" and "medium" before him, a conman, fraud, and charlatan.

Do you not watch South Park...??

John_Edward_awarded_on_South_Park.jpg

But no, seriously, John Edward is a fraud.

But I am absolutely convinced of the truth of my statements, without doubt in any way. There's absolutely no question in my mind about it.

I am too. 100%.

I just realize that I can't fully understand everything at once and so leave a little room for better interpretation on some things.

I am too. 100%.

I just realize that I can't fully understand everything at once and so leave a little room for better interpretation on some things.

:eyeroll:

The implication being, of course, that I think I DO fully understand everything at once and don't leave room for better interpretations on some things.

lol

Since, in the entire course of recorded human history, thousands and thousands of years, no one has ever been able to provide concrete evidence of the spiritual world, I'm going to suggest that "a better interpretation" on THIS matter does not exist, and is not likely to exist (again, based on the lack of such existence for the past, oh, 6,000 years or so), and therefore, my conclusion is a safe one to have (not that it's accurate per se, but that it's not likely to be successfully challenged by anyone.)

Do you think you/we are so much more special than the rest of humanity that the secrets of the afterlife are going to be revealed to you/us, when such secrets have been hidden from mankind for all of recorded history thus far...?

;)

RMA - Have you watched the show

Yes, why?

or read any of his books?

No, why?

Do you not think there are legitimate mediums in the world?

No.

Why or why not??

Because there's nothing for them to talk TO. Mediums who imagine....or want their customers to imagine...that they are talking to deceased human beings are fooling themselves or their customers. Why? For money, of course!