• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FOR SALE: [THREAD CLOSED]

51 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

Since my AF #15 thread will likely :wishluck: be closed soon, I am starting a new thread to group together my remaining low/mid grade key books for sale.

I'll post them each in an individual update to this thread, so please check back often.

All prices include free shipping to the United States. Non-U.S. buyers please contact me first. Books will be bagged and boarded, and shipped safely between thick corrugated cardboard.

I'm looking for Paypal buyers on these items as I'm using the funds to upgrade my own collection.

Otherwise, standard rules apply. The first :takeit: wins the item and trumps any PM's.

first up...

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #5 -- 1st appearance of Doctor Doom

This copy is probably a 1.5. Biggest defects are a couple small to medium pieces out of the cover and a large tear (3 1/2 inches) diagonally stemming from the right edge. There is also a good deal of spine wear and minor splitting. It also shows the usual creases, small tears, chipping, minor fraying. The interior is in acceptable shape showing some tanning, creases, and small tears. It's complete and readable, though. 16 double sided pages. A good key value book!

sany0658.jpg

sany0667.jpg

sany0664.jpg

Please don't be deceived though -- even though I have done my best to honestly describe this book, I want it to be well known that this is still a low grade book and nothing is changing that.

GD Price in Overstreet '10 is $481

let's call this one

-- $225 Shipped

-- CB

next up...

SUPERBOY #10 -- 1st appearance of Lana Lang

Seller marked this one a 3.5 :o ... not a chance

There is a large tear (3 1/2 ish inches) stemming from the bottom left near the spine that runs upwards diagonally. You can kind of see it in the pictures below. There is also a large crease along the top right corner. Corners slightly rounded-- bottom left corner bent back. Otherwise, in spots I will admit this cover does look like a 3.5 -- but it's the hidden demons that count. Back cover shows some small pieces out along the bottom ledge. Very slight spine roll. Interior is solid with some tanning, creases, small tears, the usual, etc. But please take a look at the pictures and judge it for yourself.

I'm gonna call this somewhere between a 2.0-2.5. That's the best I think anybody's getting out of it, personally. But please don't be deceived as this is still low-mid grade book, and nothing's gonna fix that. But it's a hard issue to come by in any grade and early Superboy's are always in demand.

sany0669.jpg

sany0671.jpg

sany0672.jpg

sany0674.jpg

Because of my relative disappointment, I'm willing to take less than I paid -- let's call it $125 -- shipped

here's a good deal for someone...

I just upgraded my copy tonight.

BATMAN #232 -- 1st Ras Al Ghul

Solid 4.0 copy shows some creases, edge wear, slightly rounded corners, and a very small piece off the bottom right edge of the front cover and a small chip off the middle right edge. A little bit of tanning, but otherwise decent interior.

sany0639.jpg

sany0641j.jpg

Please don't be deceived though -- there's nothing high grade here and that's not going to change.

Let's call this one $20 Shipped.

:takeit:

here's a good deal for someone...

I just upgraded my copy tonight.

BATMAN #232 -- 1st Ras Al Ghul

Solid 4.0 copy shows some creases, edge wear, slightly rounded corners, and a very small piece off the bottom right edge of the front cover and a small chip off the middle right edge. A little bit of tanning, but otherwise decent interior.

sany0639.jpg

sany0641j.jpg

Please don't be deceived though -- there's nothing high grade here and that's not going to change.

Let's call this one $20 Shipped.

first up...

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #5 -- 1st appearance of Doctor Doom

This copy is probably a 1.5. Biggest defects are a couple small to medium pieces out of the cover and a large tear (3 1/2 inches) diagonally stemming from the right edge. There is also a good deal of spine wear and minor splitting. It also shows the usual creases, small tears, chipping, minor fraying. The interior is in acceptable shape showing some tanning, creases, and small tears. It's complete and readable, though. 16 double sided pages. A good key value book!

sany0658.jpg

sany0667.jpg

sany0664.jpg

Please don't be deceived though -- even though I have done my best to honestly describe this book, I want it to be well known that this is still a low grade book and nothing is changing that.

GD Price in Overstreet '10 is $481

let's call this one

-- $225 Shipped

-- CB

alrighty, back in the saddle...

next up:

My Greatest Adventure #80 -- 1st Doom Patrol

2.0 copy of one of my favorite issues of all-time. Shows some creases, a rolled spine, a little bit of chipping, some small stains, minor spine wear and splitting. Interior is complete and solid with some tanning, a few creases and small tears. There are some pencil markings in the speech bubble as well. The cover is also detached from the bottom staple. Top staple is holding on.

sany0684b.jpg

sany0687y.jpg

Please do not be deceived -- this is a lower grade book and priced as such.

Let's call this one -- $45 Shipped.

next up...

SUPERBOY #10 -- 1st appearance of Lana Lang

Seller marked this one a 3.5 :o ... not a chance

There is a large tear (3 1/2 ish inches) stemming from the bottom left near the spine that runs upwards diagonally. You can kind of see it in the pictures below. There is also a large crease along the top right corner. Corners slightly rounded-- bottom left corner bent back. Otherwise, in spots I will admit this cover does look like a 3.5 -- but it's the hidden demons that count. Back cover shows some small pieces out along the bottom ledge. Very slight spine roll. Interior is solid with some tanning, creases, small tears, the usual, etc. But please take a look at the pictures and judge it for yourself.

I'm gonna call this somewhere between a 2.0-2.5. That's the best I think anybody's getting out of it, personally. But please don't be deceived as this is still low-mid grade book, and nothing's gonna fix that. But it's a hard issue to come by in any grade and early Superboy's are always in demand.

sany0669.jpg

sany0671.jpg

sany0672.jpg

sany0674.jpg

Because of my relative disappointment, I'm willing to take less than I paid -- let's call it $125 -- shipped

here's a nice mid-grade...

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT #5 -- 1st Ghost Rider

Decent 3.5 copy of this key Bronze book. Shows some minor spine wear and creasing, other minor creases, a small (1 inch) tear along the top left. A little bit of tanning, and an odd red discoloration that is noticeable when looking down on the book and along the top of the back cover (printing defect?). Not sure what this is but it doesn't affect the front cover. Maybe the picture will help. Book still has decent color and lies reasonably flat. Cover is detached at the top staple, and the bottom staple is on the loose side. A solid middle of the road type copy.

sany0693.jpg

sany0698.jpg

Please do not be deceived -- we're dealing with a middle of the road copy of this book -- there's nothing high grade here and it's priced to reflect that.

Let's call it: $40 Shipped.