• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In which box do you belong?

46 posts in this topic

I just wondered: how many collector "types" do we have here on the boards? I can think of a few:

(i) Fanboy collectors (those notoriously targeting 'collectors item'-books)

(ii) Investor collectors (the big whales)

(iii) Dealer collectors (their collection and their inventory is basically one and the same thing)

(iv) Old timer - heart of gold - collectors (romantics who see their books as artworks and not as '$-items')

(v) Bonehead collectors (those cheerfully accumulating 40 copies of Spawn 1 in cgc 9.8 SS)

Just my 2c (thumbs u

I think many of us are a mix of i-ii and iv-v, with the eventual end-game being iii. At least, that is my story.

Although it is almost impossible to NOT think about how much they are worth
Yeah - when you drop $100-up on a book, I don't think there is an expectation that you've just eaten 100% depreciation..., :think:

(v) Bonehead collectors (those cheerfully accumulating 40 copies of Spawn 1 in cgc 9.8 SS)

Woo hoo! What I collect is great and what you collect sucks! :whee:

You've got that exactly bassakwards again, Watson :baiting:

(iv) Old timer - heart of gold - collectors (romantics who see their books as artworks and not as '$-items')

(thumbs u