• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA Submariner run, a 12c Hulk or two, Avengers, etc...

49 posts in this topic

Reflecting my continuing efforts to focus my collecting I bring the boards another sales thread. I have about a half a shortie box of assorted goodies to post, including most of the 72 issue run of Submariner, a Hulk #107 mid-grade, and a few later 100's Avengers in higher grades. Only a couple of books will be truly high grade (9.2+), but several will be in the 8.0-9.2 range. Several will also be in the 3.0-4.0 range, and all will be priced fairly and accordingly.

The Subbys that will eventually be available are 7 & 15 in high grade, and mixed grades include 3, 11, 13-14, 16, 18, 20, 22-33, 36-39, 42, 45-47, 49, 51-58, 60-72.

:takeit: in the thread rules, but I will sell and/or negotiate via PMs, telegrams, smoke signals, or whatever else. But if someone throws the "take it" in the thread that will immediately end anything else I have going on behind the scenes with that particular book. For negotiations over a large block of books I do reserve the right to place holds on books, and they take precedence until the hold is removed.

Shipping will be at my cost for whatever USPS service we agree upon. International shipping is also fine, and will also be at whatever my cost is. I typically ship in a box and stay away from envelopes when I can, but for smaller groups of lower grade books I can ship in an envelope to save on costs if you don't have a problem with that.

Paypal and MOs are my preferred forms of payment, others (and interesting trades) will be considered. If you are dissatisfied for any reason you can return books for a full refund. Buyer is responsible for return shipping, but if I made some gross error (i.e. miss some huge defect like a missing centerfold) I will refund return shipping as well. Of course I need to get the same books back in the same condition before a refund is issued.

Finally, I will be providing back cover scans only on the pricier books. I will list anything of interest on the back covers that may affect grades, and will be happy to show scans of BCs to anyone who asks.

Hulk #107 in about 5.0 condition. Looks nicer through the mylite, but has some NCB wrinkling to go with light spine stress. Also some patches in the gloss that look like they would be small stains but only show up when you flash the gloss. Pen mark on the back cover as seen in the scan. Nice page quality. Take it home for $12 + shipping.

Hulk107.jpg

Hulk107bc.jpg

Submariner #3 in about 3.0-3.5 condition. Book is nice and glossy with great PQ. It was only manufactured with one staple (the bottom one) and cover and CF are well attached at that single staple. Overall a very solid copy, and I will throw in a copy of #2 that looks about 2.0 but is also missing the first wrap (though the cover is attached). $3.00 + shipping.

Submariner03.jpg

Submariner #11 in about 6.0 condition. Looks nicer, but has some NCB wear including a bend down the right edge of the front cover. Great PQ. Back cover is nice but for some small spots in the gloss. $5.00 + shipping.

Submariner11.jpg

Submariner #13 in about 5.0 conditon. Again, looks nicer, but has a 1/4" diameter spot on the front cover next to Namor's left shoulder (his left) visible only when gloss is flashed. No bleed through. Small tear at bottom edge at "T" in Thou. Light spine wear and a few other minor cover wrinkles. Great PQ, nice back cover. $4.00 + shipping.

Submariner13.jpg

Submariner #14 in Goodish. Book is complete with great PQ, but is a little beat up. Biggest defect is a hole near the upper right staple in Namor's right hand. Otherwise you can pretty much see what you'll be getting in the scan. Key issue, so this one is $2.00 + shipping (Overstreet 2.0 is $5).

Submariner14.jpg

Submariner #18 -- looks like an easy 8.0, but due to a production tear on the back cover at the bottom probably more like a 6.0. If you're going to keep it in a bag and board you'll never see anything but a pretty VF book. A really nice copy but for that defect, a steal at $3.00 + shipping.

Submariner18.jpg

Submariner #23 (copy b) -- looks great, but has a significant bend in the upper left corner that goes through the entire book. Nice looking copy, could likely be pressed flat pretty easily, I'll take $1.00 + shipping for this one too.

Submariner23b.jpg

Submariner #20 -- again, looks fantastic but has lightly rusted staples with no transfer staining that I can see. Looks 8.0, but for the staples. Asking $2.00 + shipping.

Submariner20.jpg

:takeit:

^^ I'll add this to your pile with the Avengers book.

Submariner #26 about Good 2.0. Rough spine, but cover and CF attached at both staples. Book is flat, though BC has some wrinkling. Overall a good deal for 50 cents + shipping, or free to the first person buying another book in this thread that claims it.

Submariner26.jpg

Submariner #27 in about 6.0. Tight and flat with just hints of spine wear, but a touch of foxing at lower spine and both staples are lightly rusted. A pretty book but for the staples, so take it cheap at $2.00 + shipping.

Submariner27.jpg