• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess that Image! >>> Part trois - Coming soon to this space!

439 posts in this topic

:applause: Great work folks.

Given that 49 is in the same genre, I will also point out that it is NOT a Conan book.

Elric (Pacific Comics) 2

^^

That one took a while. I had to go through every Crom, Kull, and Thongor book before I found it.

Thanks again for doing this guys, it's been... frustrating and enlightening.

I've learned few things from this.

1.) What I thought I knew is greatly outdistanced by what I don't know. (par for the course) I still find it baffling that some of these were solved as quickly as they were.

and

2.) Alex Schomburg was a Golden Age god. He's fast become one of my all time favorite artists. (note the distinct lack of the word "comic" in that sentence.)

His work was hilarious, had tremendous depth, had a wonderful economy of line, and you couldn't swing a dead cat in one of his Timely covers without hitting a rivet.

Thanks guys. It's been fun.

b49 b50

hi guys,

sorry for the long delay! we are five days out from the due date of our first child and I guess I underestimated how much there was still to do to get ready. Here are the long awaiting final clues ! :sorry:

106278.jpg.674d2116252f2b6bd084f8594a660ec5.jpg

106279.jpg.3e1a038df54d613686ef322822c75b08.jpg

FINAL STANDINGS

NO-PRIZEs

Bronze_rules - 24

Bangzoom - 17

Point Five - 13

Ken Aldred - 10

jpepx78 - 6

Doctor Svord - 5

Bosco685 - 4

Inconceivable - 4

Jeffro - 3

Jeffreykli - 2

kdoginohio - 2

Scrooge - 2

TheWatcher - 2

Bronty - 1

Greggy - 1

Hesdeadjim - 1

Jazzman - 1

MagnusX - 1

Offbeat - 1

Sakaridis - 1

Theagenes - 1

Well,

First let me extend my congrats to Bronty and the arriving little one. :golfclap:

Second, I really enjoyed being part of this as it appeals to the love of researching and learning about comics that I've always enjoyed. Just going through this process has tremendously added to my knowledge of comics both past and up to the present. (thumbs u

Thanks again to both presenters, it was a fun and learning experience. I think I've put to rest RMAs theory about 'holding comics in hand' enhances the recall rate; I can assure you I've held a fraction of the correct guesses in my hand (Bangzoom on the other hand, probably has multiple copies laying around on various coffee tables).

Bronty and Scrooge, thanks for putting on this game. It was lots of fun to play. :applause:

You guys rock. :foryou:

Seconded... :applause:

i strongly agree. thank you bronty & scrooge for making this game fun & educational. :applause:

i still have much to learn about comics.

thanks for playing guys :applause:

and a big THANK YOU to scrooge :hail: :hail: :hail:

Again, many thanks to both Dan and Michael for this set of wonderfully-challenging puzzles. I don't believe I'd be capable of bringing anything close to the flair and creativity they've shown here.

:applause::applause:

Hopefully, next time, I'll be able to participate on a more consistent basis. :wishluck: