• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD CLOSED

41 posts in this topic

A continuation of the Flash thread, only a grouping of Superman slabs. DC drek at its finest (thumbs u Buy yourself a shiny comic today...generous payment terms available, and we will include packing peanuts free of charge :ohnoez: So sit back prepare yourselves and think of a good Man of Steel joke...here comes SUPERMAN!!! (worship)

Rules are the same as always...

:) First :takeit: in either the thread or a PM gets the book (judged by time stamp).

:) :) :takeit: in the thread trumps any ongoing negotiations via PM. However, you can ask me to place the book on hold for a brief period.

:) :) :) Pretty much any payment type is accepted (thumbs u Paypal, checks, Money Orders, Gold Dubloons, Spices from the Far Eat, etc., etc. Cash is also accepted, but please track your envelope as you send it at your own risk! :eek:

:) :) :) :) Domestic shipping is $10 flat, with insurance/tracking costing a bit extra (this is strongly suggested for your safety).

:) :) :) :) :) I am absolutely willing to ship internationally :whee: What I would prefer to do is have you pay an estimate for shipping up front. I will then mail the package and refund any overage or ask for the remaining balance in a second payment.

:) :) :) :) :) :) Returns are accepted for the price of the comic, with the buyer being responsible for all shipping and insurance costs. All I ask is that you notify me within three days of receiving the item.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) I have no idea about the status of these books with respect to pressing. I can tell you that I didn't press them if that is helpful. The early ones are very low grade, with the higher ones being lower dollar books. I suspect there just wouldn't be much margin for profit in pressing. Nonetheless, they are not long-term residents in my collection so proceed with caution if this is an important detail for you.

:whee: Feel free to make the thread a place of discussion, insults about the Flash, commentary about Auburn looking better than Bama, or other associated hijinks (you rascals :devil: ). As always, the journey is half the fun of the sales thread, so socialize to your heart's content.

Thanks for looking!

SE

OK the boilerplate is out of the way...just a couple more discussion points.

:gossip:

1. If you bought from the Flash thread and wish me to hold your shipment, you can include anything from this thread in your order with no extra shipping charge.

2. As always, I will do some sort of giveaway...will try to make it different than the last thread, but no solid plan yet. Feel free to make (reasonable) suggestions lol

Superman 110 CGC 3.0 CROW pages

$55

OK, unless that bug is filled with kryptonite, or can cast magic spells, I think Supes will be fine hm We are talking the guy that can move a planet wrestling with a giant ant right???

supes110.jpg

Superman 109 CGC 3.0 OW pages

$60

Two things :juggle: One, ventriloquists freak me out :fear: Two, if you had X-Ray vision would you really be using that bad power to count the change in Lois' purse??? :doh:

supes109.jpg

I believe Supes is refering to the puppet's Manthing when he says 'correct to the last detail'.

Superman 109 CGC 3.0 OW pages

$60

Two things :juggle: One, ventriloquists freak me out :fear: Two, if you had X-Ray vision would you really be using that bad power to count the change in Lois' purse??? :doh:

supes109.jpg

I believe Supes is refering to the puppet's Manthing when he says 'correct to the last detail'.

I would be lying if I said that thought did not cross my mind...but figured I would let this thread take a slow slide into the gutter and innuendo... hm

Too late for that, we will now go with the gutter (thumbs u

Superman 130 CGC 4.5 CROW pages

$60

The guy holding the rocket looks like he is just going to chuck it at Superman. That would be bad azz...I gotta check out Cyrusville, I am sure Billy Ray and Miley will welcome me with open arms :cloud9:

supes130.jpg

Superman 135 CGC 4.0 CROW pages

$40

:doh: Choose me, I am the acne riddled, dumb as dirt Teen-Superman who is melting steel with X-Rays instead of heat vision!!!

:gossip: Hopefully he is sterilizing himself by aiming in that downward direction :wishluck:

supes135.jpg

Superman 138 CGC 5.0 CROW pages

$50

MONKEYS ARE AWESOME!!! The only thing cooler would be some sort of ninja helper monkey (there is an episode of Malcolm in the Middle with an evil Kerpuchin that cracks me up). Anyway, I don't care what John is about to say about me being wrong :makepoint: It is a monkey, and it will take a US Grant to pry this beauty away from me :D

supes138.jpg

Superman 141 CGC 2.0 CROW pages

$20

Looks better than a 2.0, but it's not! A bajillion pieces of tape adorn the inside cover of this senses shattering issue. But hey, it's in a slab...you don't have to see them!!! Who slabs these things??? Are you really that desperate for 8 more points on the registry :doh:

supes141.jpg

Oh Human Torch posts first (besides my incoherent rambling)

If you choose to buy something: 10% off the most expensive book you grab for breaking the conversational ice and encouraging juvenile behavior :ohnoez:

Very kind of you but I'm paying off a book via time-payments and trying not to buy anything. Golly it hurts. Good luck with your sales thread.

Oh Human Torch posts first (besides my incoherent rambling)

If you choose to buy something: 10% off the most expensive book you grab for breaking the conversational ice and encouraging juvenile behavior :ohnoez:

Very kind of you but I'm paying off a book via time-payments and trying not to buy anything. Golly it hurts. Good luck with your sales thread.

Not a problem (thumbs u Always one to encourage lively discussion lol

Thanks for stopping by :)

Superman 146 CGC 3.5 CROW pages :news: SOLD to Subliminal

$45

Always thought this was a cool issue...although in retrospect, they use the word "How" a little overmuch on the cover. Nonetheless, origin stories abound in this Silver Age DC gem :whee:

supes146.jpg

Superman 176 CGC 5.5 OWW pages

$25

I am befuddled ??? I understand the secret identity-tension plot line. What I do not understand is the necessity of the chalkboard. He is in court, not a one room school house! Why Binder & Dorfman, why??? :shrug:

supes176.jpg

Superman 146 CGC 3.5 CROW pages

$45

Always thought this was a cool issue...although in retrospect, they use the word "How" a little overmuch on the cover. Nonetheless, origin stories abound in this Silver Age DC gem :whee:

supes146.jpg

HOW Can anyone resist this book?

I'm struggling with it myself because it is a great book to crack and feed the plastic to the fireplace to give me a warm feeling.

Oh, WTH... :takeit:

I have lots of holes in my Superman run and this is one of them.