• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sgt. Fury #1

164 posts in this topic

So whilst considering the 7.5 Heritage copy, i just noticed that Pedigree has a 9.0 in their next auction. Whilst i would like the best copy available, funds are obviously a consideration, so where should the 7.5 and 9.0 copy end at given the last 8.5 copy sold for a lot more than i was expecting ($6871) in August and the other lower graded copies seem to be on the move also.

In speaking to people, some have commented that generaly most key issues double in price per grade increase from 8.5 onwards, would most people on this forum agree with that forumla being applied to the 9.0 copy over the 8.5?

In speaking to people, some have commented that generaly most key issues double in price per grade increase from 8.5 onwards, would most people on this forum agree with that forumla being applied to the 9.0 copy over the 8.5?

From 8.5 to 9.0? I don`t think so.

And to answer your question about doubling in price....that starts to occur around the 9.2 up to 9.4 range and so on. Futhermore, I wouldn't say the price actually doubles, for the most part it is more like 65% and up price increase.

It truly just depends on the book and it's competing buyers at that particular time.

2c

IMHO, the one on Pedigree will see $10,000.

BUT, I could be way off.

I could actually see this happening. The book is notoriously difficult in HG. Speaking from my own findings I have never seen a raw copy above a F. And I mean never..

Hola All,

This book is so tough in HG.

I own a raw 9.0-9.4. Haven't taken it out of the bag/mylar since 1994.

I did read way back in 1992 when I first got it. :o

I think this is one of the books that will become more in demand as the Movie Marvel universe uses Nick Fury more.

Hasta,

Pablo

And to answer your question about doubling in price....that starts to occur around the 9.2 up to 9.4 range and so on. Futhermore, I wouldn't say the price actually doubles, for the most part it is more like 65% and up price increase.

It truly just depends on the book and it's competing buyers at that particular time.

2c

Obviously it depends on the book and the scarcity of the book in 8.5 and onwards. I'm sure that books like Hulk #1, TTA #27, Sgt Fury #1 and others whose census numbers are low above 8.5 probably follow this percentage increase or better, whilst others that are fairly common in 8.5 and above dont.

What i really wanted to get was a feel for this book, as i havent really even seen any copies in recent times in mid-high grade, except for the 8.5

IMHO, the one on Pedigree will see $10,000.

BUT, I could be way off.

I could actually see this happening. The book is notoriously difficult in HG. Speaking from my own findings I have never seen a raw copy above a F. And I mean never..

I would concur that raw copies in FN or better just dont surface, even CGC copies are few and far between. I have seen a few 5.5-6.0 surface in the last year, all at ever escalating prices and I myself have a 7.0 copy that i am trying to upgrade.

Hola All,

I think this is one of the books that will become more in demand as the Movie Marvel universe uses Nick Fury more.

Hasta,

Pablo

I agree about the demand, especially with the Avengers film being pushed next year in both Thor and Captain America, and Nick Furys role in all the movies. In any case though, this is one tough book above 6.0 and has been too cheap for too long, its only this last year that increases are occuring sale and sale of anything remotely mid-high grade (probably as a result of the film and investors/speculators and not the scarcity and collectability increasing).

Hola All,

Hasta,

Pablo

Well Samuel L Jackson has a lot of charm on screen and so i think his role will be a memorable one, who knows they may even spin off into his own film if the Avengers does great.

In any case, it looks like a >$10,000k price is likely on the 9.0 so i am probably going to have to funnell my efforts and money into the 7.5.

Does anyone see this reaching much more than it is at the moment, $2.5k, $3k?

So whilst considering the 7.5 Heritage copy, i just noticed that Pedigree has a 9.0 in their next auction. Whilst i would like the best copy available, funds are obviously a consideration, so where should the 7.5 and 9.0 copy end at given the last 8.5 copy sold for a lot more than i was expecting ($6871) in August and the other lower graded copies seem to be on the move also.

When the Fury #1 went for $6,871 in August people were quite surprised. That was very high for that book. For example I had just picked up an 8.0 in auction just a few months earlier for $2,600.

You never know with keys but it would not surprise me if the 9.0 went for less than $10,000.

When the Fury #1 went for $6,871 in August people were quite surprised. That was very high for that book. For example I had just picked up an 8.0 in auction just a few months earlier for $2,600.

You never know with keys but it would not surprise me if the 9.0 went for less than $10,000.

The problem for me is that the 7.5 copy is due up first and i need to make a decision which way to go. I'm ceratin i can win the 7.5, i have no clue about the 9.0, and worse still would be not bidding on the 7.5 and loosing on the 9.0.

What do you think is a reasonable price on the 7.5

I think the movie hype will have a much larger impact on demand for Strange Tales #135 (and maybe FF #21 -- as that's the first modern app. of Fury as a secret agent) rather than Sgt Fury #1 .

But, unless a "Howling Commando" movie comes out, I dont think the Sgt Fury title will be a hot item to anyone in the "what's hot this week" crowd.