• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montreal Comic Con - MiniCon Sunday, December 5, 2010 at Place Bonaventure

37 posts in this topic

Montreal Comic-Con presents a Mini-Comic-Con on Sunday, December 5, 2010, from 11:00am to 6:00pm

Place Bonaventure, room 200-N

800, rue de la Gauchetière Ouest, Montreal (Quebec) H5A 1K6

General admission: $5

Children under 8: FREE

Tickets will only be sold at the event entrance on December 5.

GUESTS INCLUDE:

CELEBRITY GUEST

SAM WITWER

sam_witwer.jpg

Montreal Comic-Con is proud to welcome actor Sam Witwer to the mini comic-con.

Witwer is currently appearing on gaming consoles across North America as Starkiller, Darth Vader's secret apprentice in STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED II, the smash-hit game was released on October 25, 2010!

Witwer is also starring in the new horror-themed show from Muse Enterprise Entertainment and the SyFy network - BEING HUMAN: a re-imagining of the acclaimed UK series created by Toby Whithouse, follows three paranormal, 20-something roommates living in Boston – vampire Aidan (Witwer), werewolf Josh (Huntington) and ghost Sally (Rath) – as they struggle to hide their dark secrets from the world, while helping each other navigate the complexities of living double lives and trying to be human. Mark Pellegrino plays Aidan’s charismatic but menacing vampire mentor Bishop. Being Human is currently filming in Montreal.

Witwer also appeared on the hit series Smallville as Davis Bloome, who was later revealed to be the raging behemoth Doomsday! Witwer has also appeared in many other genre-themed television shows and movies such as Battlestar Galactica, Gamer, Dexter, The Mist, Star Trek: Enterprise, Angel, CSI and much more.

tfu2_dated.jpg

Selected credits include

STAR WARS- THE FORCE UNLEASHED II: Starkiller (2010 videogame)

BEING HUMAN: Adrian (2010)

GAMER: Caseworker (2009 feature film)

SMALLVILLE: Davis Bloome aka DOOMSDAY! (2008-9)

STAR WARS - THE FORCE UNLEASED: Starkiller (2008 videogame)

SOULCALIBRE IV: The Apprentice (2008 videogame)

THE MIST: Private Jessup (2007 feature film directed by Frank Darabont

DEXTER: Neil Perry (2006)

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: "Crashdown" (2004-5)

Please note: there will be an autograph fee for Mr. Witwer.

COMIC GUESTS

FRANCIS MANAPUL (The Flash)

10.04_Flash1_FManapul.jpg

plus:

AGNES GARBOWSKA (Girl Comics)

MARCUS TO (Red Robin)

MICHEL LACOMBE (Batman Inc., Loki, L'Académie des chasseurs de primes)

KELLY TINDALL (Proof, Get Kraven)

WES CRAIG (Guardians of the Galaxy)

More to come!

Costume contest

There will be a costume contest during the event. The contest is open to attendees of all ages. Registration will be at the entrance.

Entry Qualifications:

• Costumes related to comic books, anime, sci-fi, gaming, fantasy, horror or pop culture.

• Hand-made costumes are preferred.

• Bought costumes are allowed, but will be deducted points in judging.

How to win and who wins?

All attendees in costume, while enjoying the show, are automatically part of the contest. Judges will circulate inside the room, evaluate costumes and declare winners.

Prizes

More info to come.

http://www.montrealcomiccon.com/home.html

If you cannot attend but wish to get something autographed by Mr. Witwer, please send me a PM. Items will need to be received by December 3rd, at the latest.

At this time SS is not an option, but I will check with CGC about the availability of a CAW --- if there is sufficient demand. If you are interested in getting an item signed by Mr. Witwer or any of the other guests for SS please let me know so I know there is interest.

Hi Everyone,

Hope you can make it to our event on December 5th

Just added WWE legend, The Iron Sheik.

Also lots of local artists added.

Over 150 exhibitors and artists booths.

Panels, Costume contest, magic tournaments, and Live NCW wrestling.

Admission 5$

Free for kids under 8

www.montrealcomiccon.com

facebook page: Montreal Comic Con

Some bad news, unfortunately Francis Manapul and Agnes Garbowska won't be able to make it to the Montreal Mini-Comicon on December 5th due to a family matter. They apologize and hope to see you at a future Montreal comic con in 2011.

Things have changed and now Francis Manapul and Agnes Garbowska are able to make it to Montreal for the show on December 5th!

Unfortunately they still won't be able to attend the Toronto show this weekend though, but good news for fans in Montreal!

The Iron Sheik will also be at the show, and Sam Witwer will be doing a panel.

There are lots of other things going on as well - for example, one lucky fan will win an iPod nano 8gb as a door prize.

GUESTS & ATTRACTIONS

Comic books

FRANCIS MANAPUL (The Flash)

MARCUS TO (Red Robin)

WES CRAIG (Guardians of the Galaxy)

MICHEL LACOMBE (Batman Incorporated, Loki, L'Académie des chasseurs de primes)

TOM FOWLER (Deadpool Team-Up, Mysterius the Unfathomable)

KELLY TINDALL

AGNES GARBOWSKA

ERIK MULLINS

EXCIDIUS

FRANÇOIS CHARTIER

MARCO PRUD'HOMME

CHOZEN STUDIOS

MARVIN MARIANO

NADIM MAHI-BAHI

RICHARD SERRAO

GEOF ISHERWOOD

JIMMY SUZAN

SIMON BANVILLE

JEAN-PIERRE NORMAND

and

THE HEROES OF THE NORTH

Anime

SPIKE SPENCER

Spike Spencer has been a voice actor since the early nineties. He has voiced hundreds of episodes of Anime including such notable titles as Evangelion, Vampire Knight, Battle Angel, Suikoden, Orphen, Spriggan, Nadesico, Mar, PreTear, Buso Renkin, Code Geass 2, Bleach. His video game credits include WOW-The Burning Crusades, Tales of Vesperia, Steambot Chronicles, Star Ocean 2, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, BlazBlue and many others. Spike has also lent his voice to numerous radio and TV commercials. An accomplished actor, he has worked with such notable stars as Tommy Lee Jones, Sandra Bullock, Frank Langella, Tia Carrere, and Scott Glenn and has been on set with many other stars. Spike is also an author, including "How to Be A Frickin Genius Voice Actor, Step One," "What Happens At The Con, Stays At The Con?," And "Don't Kill Your Date (And Other Cooking Tips)"-(Coming soon). Spike is also a screenwriter with several projects in various stages. Spike is soon to begin production on his first feature film that he scripted, "Dwindle Down."

Science Fiction

SAM WITWER

Sam Witwer is an American actor and musician. He has appeared as Doomsday in Smallville as well as other roles in Battlestar Galactica, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and Dexter. He also voiced and gave his likeness to the main protagonist, Galen Marek/Starkiller, in the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game and its sequel Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II.

PLUS

The QUEBEC IMPERIAL FORTRESS (501st Legion)

A full sized, operational R2-D2

A full size STAR WARS LANDSPEEDER

Have your pictures taken with these characters, vehicles and weapons from STAR WARS!

Wrestling

The IRON SHEIK

Hossein Khosrow Ali Vaziri is a retired Iranian professional wrestler and actor better known by his ring name ''The Iron Sheik''. He is known for ending the near six year World Wrestling Federation Championship reign of Bob Backlund and for being the man Hulk Hogan defeated for his first WWF Championship.

Plus the NCW will be setting up a full sized wrestling ring in a separate room with wrestling matches all day!

ALSO

- Costume contest (with prizes!)

- Magic the Gathering and Chunin (Naruto) Collectible Card Game Tournaments

- Renowned photographer Droo will be available to take professional photo opportunities with Sam Witwer,

DEALERS

Antre à Gobeline

Les Artisans d'Azure

Black Flag Pictures

Boutique médiévale Zardwin

Carta Magica

Clarks Toys

Clumsyplush

Collectible Heroes

Comicage

Comic Detective

Guide des comics Héritage

Guy Léger

Haganland

Heavy Mental Designs

Imagination Hobby & Collection

Johnny Toys

Jonathan Marsh Collectibles

Key Issues

Komico

Latin Joe G.I. Joe Toys

Maison Maillé

Major Comics

Maladie des cartes

Manga-thé

Mangacature

Marc Comic Hunter

Martin Grenier (comic books/video games)

Millenium Comics

Mike Vintage Toys

Movie Seals Digital inc.

MTC Toys

Myths, Legends and Heroes

Nick D.'s Comics

Norm Comics

1,000,000 Comix

Priorité Collections

Squish Image

Tempsmort.tv

Toy Wars

Toys on Fire

Unknown Collectible Toys

Wasabi

ADMISSION IS ONLY $5 --- KIDS UNDER 8 YRS FREE!

www.montrealcomiccon.com

I went to the show as well. It was much smaller and really not all that much there. I can say I went. But I wont be coming back anytime soon! A waste of time if you were driving any distance. IMHO

Avengers #1 .5 maybe a 1.0 on a really good day asking $1645!! X-Men 1 1.0 $1495!!

The pricing was such that a real offer would of seemed as a insult to the seller. Attendance from what I was told was low as well. No dis respect meant to the people that set this show up. But it was very disappointing to say the least. I left the show the way I showed up, Comicless!!!! Maybe next time this show is held the public will get there $5 admission back somehow!!

Attendance was strong for a one day show in Montreal (over 1K, which is great for any 1 day regional show as opposed to that disappointing 2 day MTL show last month that got a couple hundred over the weekend), and the admission was only $5.

Sorry you felt it was a waste, but I didn't hear any attendees complaining about the value they got for their admission fee. I don't know of any other 1 day regional con that offers that much for such a low cost.

Yeah, the event itself wasn't bad by a long shot. Just a relatively small turn-out. You just picked the wrong time to attend a Montreal Con if you were looking for a huge crowd and a large number of comic dealers. The 2-day event is THE SHOW in Montreal. More people and a larger selection of books....

I did however, manage to sell most of my books to a dealer after the show ended :headbang:

I guess I'll put some of the remains (the better stuff) up for sale here during the holidays.

Cheers!