• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speakeasy Comic Book Show tonight (Nov. 4) in Toronto

5 posts in this topic

I'll be displaying approx. 100 pieces of OA tonight from my collection tonight at the Gladstone Hotel (1214 Queen St. West in Toronto) as part of the annual Speakeasy Comic Book Show. I've secured an exhibit room at the show to display some pieces by Dave Sim, Jeff Lemire, Darwyn Cooke, Tom Grummett, Bryan Lee O'Malley, Francis Manapul, Michael Cho, Dale Eaglesham and Paul Rivoche. In the room we'll also have some books, prints and some original artwork on sale as part of fundraising for the Joe Shuster Awards.

The room is just one of many featuring artwork, books and prints by Toronto and area comic artists. It's a fun event I try to support every year. Hours are 7-11pm and there's a suggested donation of $4 at the door. There's also a cash bar so it's also a social gathering a place to chat about comics and comic art.

This very last minute, but if you are looking for something to do tonight (and you are in Toronto), come check it out.

http://joeshusterawards.com/2010/10/25/happenings-speakeasy-comic-art-show-november-4-2010/

2010 Participating Artists:

1. Guerilla Printing – Printing for the People!

2. Chris Hatzopoulos & George Todorovski, The Bear Stories

3. Ian Daffern, Blowout Productions

4. MDS Studios

5. Lamin Illustration & Design

6. Gibson Quarter Illustration

7. Matthew Daley

8. Chad Solomon, Little Spirit Bear Productions

9. Lubomir Arsov

10. Marvin Law

11. Benjamin Rivers

12. Sarah Ennals, Personal information

13. Christopher Yao – Yaoza Graphics Studios

14. Eshwin Dhir

15. Aaron Costain

16. Ken Turner

17. Lezley Davidson, Peeling Onions Press

18. Marvin S. Mariano

19. Shaun Bolden, Beanpie Promotions

20. Toronto Cartoonists Workshop

21. William Brian MacLean, RoosterTree

22. Dale Camus

23. CanadArt Collection (my stuff)

No worries, it was a fun night made even better by the fact there's a poutinerie a couple of blocks over from the Gladstone.

Poutini's House of Poutine? I've heard great things about that place. Have yet to try it. One day.