• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WARNING TO ALL NEWBIES

100 posts in this topic

...to the seller, they're the revenue producer of the company. As always, YMMV.

You seem to have missed the overall point of why EBay is cracking down on this, as when an SOB seller closes an auction late, EBay is:

a) Out the reserve fee the seller was too cheap to pay.

b) Out the Final Value Fees.

So if you think EBay doesn't care about this sort of lost revenue, then you are extremely naive.

That depends on the situation...

In the case of this, you ended your auctions early and the Cats called you on it...

You then haven't made much sense in any of this.....

You came on these boards for some reason.......

You maybe could have choose a different route, and possibly built some relationships here and also some potiential buyers, instead, you choose to alienate yourself from the whole board......

...to the seller, they're the revenue producer of the company. As always, YMMV.

You seem to have missed the overall point of why EBay is cracking down on this, as when an SOB seller closes an auction late, EBay is:

a) Out the reserve fee the seller was too cheap to pay.

b) Out the Final Value Fees.

So if you think EBay doesn't care about this sort of lost revenue, then you are extremely naive.

How is EBAY out the reserve fee? You pay the reserve fee unless you SELL your auction. And they get their money, the seller pays the relisting fees if they relist it.

My, aren't we all a big, happy, disfunctional family here... 893blahblah.giftongue.gif

I play NO part in this family. I would put myself up for adoption first.

Check the CPG boards and ask for Hammer. I'm sure he'll adopt you (he likes kittens).

So you are saying that if someone pointed out something you did "wrong" and was bad-mouthing you, that you would sit back and take? You wouldnt defend yourself?

If I ever did something as reprehensible as closing an auction late in the game, you could hammer me all I want, as I'd totally deserve it.

Of course, that would never happen, as I'm an ethical guy and would never scam anyone. thumbsup2.gif

You maybe could have choose a different route, and possibly built some relationships here and also some potiential buyers, instead, you choose to alienate yourself from the whole board......

Yeah, maybe I could have, but you should try putting yourself in my situation. If you read the posts I did agree to understood NOT to end anymore auctions, but I also wanted to make a point that I am NOT a scammer. I am a seller with 100% feedback and I ended some auctions. I am still fairly new to selling comic books and I thought the approach used against me could have been different.

Ok.....

Sounds good to me then.......

The ComicCats here can be brutal....

But, you can still be a good member here...........

You should have seen the Watercooler jump with the Braddick vs. Bugaboo threads........

Myabe a fresh start for everybody???

Welcome, ThunderKitty...

If I ever did something as reprehensible as closing an auction late in the game, you could hammer me all I want, as I'd totally deserve it.

Of course, that would never happen, as I'm an ethical guy and would never scam anyone. thumbsup2.gif

Gee, at least I have one thing in common here. I would never scam anyone either. I DONT call ending an auction early scamming someone. They never bought the item or owned it.

I DONT call ending an auction early scamming someone. They never bought the item or owned it.

You totally scammed all of the bidders of their time, which is more valuable than money to some people.