• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WARNING TO ALL NEWBIES

100 posts in this topic

JUST TO INFORM YOU.....IF YOU SELL ON EBAY AND EVER PLAN ON ENDING AN AUCTION EARLY, PLEASE DONT DO IT. THIS IS AGAINST EBAY POLICIES (UNLESS YOU MADE AN ERROR IN THE LISTING) AND AGAINST THE FOLLOWING BOARD MEMBERS POLICIES:

OLD GUY

TOMEGA

JOE_COLLECTOR

GPCOVE

IF YOU CHOOSE TO END THE AUCTION EARLY ANYWAY, YOU WILL BE SENT AN EMAIL FROM ONE OF THE ABOVE BOARD MEMBERS TELLING YOU HOW MUCH OF A BAD PERSON YOU ARE. THEY OWN THIS BOARD SO PLEASE DO NOT CROSS THEM IN ANY WAY.

THANK YOU AND .. ...

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!!!!!!

I think you may find sarcasm in the kittens words, that is what is wrong. I am fully against ending auctions early. It is a stupid thing to do, especially if it has 30 mins left, don't people know about sniping software???????????

I do not agree in shill bidding, BUT.... If you bid on a comic, whether it is your minimum bid or maximum bid, that is what YOU are prepared to pay. It is sad when you put in a large bid range and win it at the highest level, but that is what it is.

ANYONE bidding on Ebay should be prepared to be shilled. Just because your underbidder has 200+ positive feedback, doesnt mean he isn't a shill?????????

If a seller decides they do not want to sell an item, then fine. But your not gonna decide that in the last 30 minutes. If you really didnt want it to go that low, put in a reserve or high starting bid, end of story.

I do not have reserves on 98% of my auctions, but those that do, I am not prepared to sell for less, thats the point in a reserve. I even sold a Sub-Mariner issue last year, graded 9.2 and it went for $9!!!!! But hey, I risked no resere, and thats my problems.

I would rather have someone end an auction early, rather than have them shill their auction up.

That's like saying to a perp that you'd rather have him pick your pocket versus robbing your home. foreheadslap.gif

I would rather have someone end an auction early, rather than have them shill their auction up.

That's like saying to a perp that you'd rather have him pick your pocket versus robbing your home. foreheadslap.gif

Exactly. It remeinds me of the error in logical thinking where some people think it is okay to do something wrong since it is on a much smaller scale compared to something much worse. "Officer, why did I get arrested for posession when you should be spending time finding murderers, rapists, and..." makepoint.gif

Give it a rest. Ending auctions early because you aren't getting the price you want is unethical and stupid. You're the one wrong here.

27_laughing.gif You have to love the blunt nature of Ron Jeremy tongue.gif

Exactly. It remeinds me of the error in logical thinking where some people think it is okay to do something wrong since it is on a much smaller scale compared to something much worse. "Officer, why did I get arrested for posession when you should be spending time finding murderers, rapists, and..." makepoint.gif

Well, I don't carry my comics in my pocket so, YES, I would rather have my pocket picked than have my house broken into. tongue.gif

While I don't condone any wrong doing, and I just reread ebay's policy, and yes it is against ebay rules to end early to avoid selling at too low a price, I'm pragmatic to a fault, and would still rather see an item ended early than have someone shill up my bid.

If anyone wants to add me to their blocked bidders list, or put me on their list of sellers they won't bid on, my ebay id is o2b4nk8n