• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WARNING TO ALL NEWBIES

100 posts in this topic

Ok.....

Sounds good to me then.......

The ComicCats here can be brutal....

But, you can still be a good member here...........

You should have seen the Watercooler jump with the Braddick vs. Bugaboo threads........

Myabe a fresh start for everybody???

Welcome, ThunderKitty...

Finally ONE and the only person that makes some sense on the boards.

Drop it Kitty.

It's good that you won't do this again. Just pay the fees to have a reserve on your auctions.

The only reason you're still getting flack is because you won't admit that what you did was wrong. Just admit that, and I'd bet that people would back off a bit.

I guess that makes you a scammer to then JOE ... because your wasting peoples time when they have to read your posts.

You probably took a while to come up with that lame excuse for a put-down. Talk about wasting your time. 27_laughing.gif

I guess that makes you a scammer to then JOE ... because your wasting peoples time when they have to read your posts.

A bit like this thread then. What a total waste of my time. sleeping.gif Ending auctions early is not good, and neither is crying when you get called on it.893naughty-thumb.gif

As for "ThunderKitten," it's pretty clear to me, based on the schizophrenic nature of his/her many posts, that we're dealing with a seriously sick mind. Forget the relative, TK, go out and score yourself some Valium 10s, you'll be amazed at the results! (Heck, take two of those babies and you won't even CARE if your auctions end a tad on the low side! thumbsup2.gif)
sign-funnypost.gif

Hail Mifune! Excellent avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!

OT - Let me tell you why this is such a good picture.

Kurosawa attempted to film Throne of Blood in the style of a Japanese Noh play. These are very stylised with extreme importance played to gestures, rather than facial expressions. To try and duplicate this, he shot ToB with practically no close ups and the end scene where the arrows fly in is almost the first close up in the film.

As well as that, Mifune was unconvinced that the shot would work when the arrows flew in. I believe there were a very few close range archers, but the rest were drawn in by strings. He didn't want to do the shot and was practically cr*pping himself beforehand. That expression on his face of pure terror wasn't great acting, it was just pure terror!

Those two facts coupled make the scene so incredibly powerful.

OK, you can get back to fighting now.

I had to do a paper on Throne of Blood in one of my college cinema classes. It was being shown off-campus at a small art theatre and I was broke. To save money, I went to the first showing and just stayed in the theatre all day, watching it three times in a row, so that I could make copious notes (ah, the days before VCRs and DVDs). By the end of the third showing, I was darn near thinking in Japanese.

Even though I've never seen it since, and that was many years ago, I still have scenes from that film burned into my memory.

-- Joanna

...to the seller, they're the revenue producer of the company. As always, YMMV.

You seem to have missed the overall point of why EBay is cracking down on this, as when an SOB seller closes an auction late, EBay is:

a) Out the reserve fee the seller was too cheap to pay.

b) Out the Final Value Fees.

So if you think EBay doesn't care about this sort of lost revenue, then you are extremely naive.

I may be naive, but I collect etopps cards too (check it out, etopps.com) and we've got the same problems there that I see here. Sellers selling items and scamming buyers. Etopps never does anything to suspend accounts or protect the buyers. It's caveat emptor, we're just the avenue. Sure, for big scams like only selling a box, or selling the right to buy the item pictured, ebay will do something. But, I feel that the way the feedback is set up, their stance that they have nothing to do with the transactions, the way people can set up numerous accounts, and all the other ways people cheat the system, that they are out to make the bucks off of selling items. A $2 listing fee isn't on their radar yet. A $5 final value fee isn't close either. But what do I know. confused-smiley-013.gif

Regardless of what you or anyone else says, I will continue to report these chumps and try to make EBay a better place to transact.

I also know this method works, at least over the longer term, as several extremely large EBay dealers have had their accounts suspended for repeated "auction closing" offenses.

Yes, one should not end their auction items early unless there is a true error in the listing. Certainly not 30-minutes before it ends. If your item must reach a certain amount, then either start the item at that amount or put a reserve on it.

I've had to cancel a couple of times and re-list, but it was early in the listing and I definetly had some error's in the listing.