• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sally Field Offered Aunt May in Spider-Man and Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben

40 posts in this topic

The Spidey franchise has jumped the shark. doh!

Yep, and all this stuff about "a consolidated Marvel Universe" with "continuing stories and continuity" and how it will "be just like the comics" has just been flushed down the toilet, as these reboots will just keep on trucking until they drive the final nail in the funny book movie coffin.

Then again, it might be closer to the Modern comic market, as don't they reboot those every few years too? lol

Then again, it might be closer to the Modern comic market, as don't they reboot those every few years too? lol

So, the next movie is a collector's item just like the new issue of Amazing Spider-Man #1.

Brilliant marketing. (thumbs u

the first one was so big, everyone knows the origin

Definitely, and I think Cliff Robertson as Uncle Ben was one of the high-points in casting for the original Spider-man movie. His performance, look and overall real-life personality just hit all the right notes.

Martin Sheen is a high-strung, drug-addled maniac (like father, like sons) and he tends to do well when playing to type.

They're really telling the origin over again in another movie? What a waste.

Who knows how much, if any, of the origin they're showing? Unless we've seen the -script and final cut, it's pretty hard to say. Maybe Uncle Ben is just appearing in a flashback. And if they do show any of the origin, that can be done in a really quick scene.

They're really telling the origin over again in another movie? What a waste.

Who knows how much, if any, of the origin they're showing? Unless we've seen the -script and final cut, it's pretty hard to say. Maybe Uncle Ben is just appearing in a flashback. And if they do show any of the origin, that can be done in a really quick scene.

:wishluck:

But it IS a reboot without anything to do with the first 3 movies, so obviously it doesn't matter if the origin is short, long or in flashback, it is going to be an entirely new reboot.

But it IS a reboot without anything to do with the first 3 movies, so obviously it doesn't matter if the origin is short, long or in flashback, it is going to be an entirely new reboot.

Personally, I think that's a good thing. After the third film, I'm happy they're shaking up the franchise. As long as it's an entertaining, well-crafted movie, I'm happy to fork over my $12 for the movie ticket and another $29 for the Blu-ray.

I look at it the same way as Nolan rebooting Batman. And I certainly wouldn't view that as a negative thing.

I have no idea if it'll be a good movie or not when it does come out. But I do think they've made interesting casting choices so far. And that gives me some hope. If the studio hadn't decided to start over, I wouldn't be looking forward to the next film nearly as much.

:sick:

Her neck looks like my leather couch. I can't imagine what the rug looks like... :sick:

Oh comon, dude. I'd hit that like it just pulled out in front of me. :whee:

the first one was so big, everyone knows the origin

Definitely, and I think Cliff Robertson as Uncle Ben was one of the high-points in casting for the original Spider-man movie. His performance, look and overall real-life personality just hit all the right notes.

Martin Sheen is a high-strung, drug-addled maniac (like father, like sons) and he tends to do well when playing to type.

Jon Voight would be amazing especially if he used that accent he came up with for Anaconda. One of the all time great performances.