• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone transfer the Heritage OSPG pdf?

21 posts in this topic

Another legitimate way is to use LOGMEIN on an iPad and actually hook back up to your home computer. Then run the Overstreet App there.

That's legal. (shrug)

Most other methods are illegal.

(Of course, this is unwieldy, requires a paid App, and preferably a WIFI connection.)

Not illegal. It's an infringement on a copyright. That's civil not criminal. AND you're allowed to have a backup copy in whatever format you want and it's neither a civil or criminal violation.

Can you elaborate on this point about being allowed to have a backup of copyrighted work? I've heard this line of reasoning with having software installed on home and office computers. But with copyrighted works (i.e. published works, music, movies) I'm not sure if the same applies with reproducing work, even if it's for personal use.

I can't imagine a company like LockLizard venturing forward and building an entire business around safeguarding copyrighted/rights managed works if violations were conditional.

Regardless of whether infringement falls under civil or criminal jurisdiction, there is the issue of steep financial penalties - and in the face of paying the piper in situations where a violation has occurred, penalties can range anywhere from what a person earns in a year, right through to a decade of wages.