• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone transfer the Heritage OSPG pdf?

21 posts in this topic

Hi folks...

I'm just wondering if anyone has successfully moved their Heritage freebie OSPG to another device? I'd love to have mine on my smartphone, which can view pdf's. Super handy if it were that portable.

I would gladly delete the copy on my computer if I could move it onto my phone, thus adhering to their "one device" dictum.

If you can figure out a way, I'd love to hear it. I would even buy a second copy to make sure it's done in a completely legitimate way.

The combination of LockLizard (copyright safeguard) and a web-based license validation process pretty much eliminates the possibility of using the guide on any mobile device.

Hell, I'd pay over cover price for a portable version of this...having an OSPG with me at all times, without the bulk of carrying a reference book, would be super convenient. I'm hoping someone cracks this and forces them to realize they could be serving their demographic with a more convenient, environmentally-friendly version of their product, although I know nothing of their current level of success in the marketplace so maybe that's beyond them.

I jumped the gun again...was so happy to finally get my code yesterday I installed it on my desktop PC...and then I realized it would have been better to wait and install it on my Macbook Air instead doh!

I jumped the gun again...was so happy to finally get my code yesterday I installed it on my desktop PC...and then I realized it would have been better to wait and install it on my Macbook Air instead doh!

I was fondling one of those at the Apple store yesterday...the new ones are really nice!

I was contemplating buying either an Ipad or Macbook Air to install the free copy onto

but I was wondering if it would "run" on the Ipad hm

Has anyone installed one onto an Ipad, and if so, how does it work?

Heritage is offering the OSPG free,not sure the details,but i know i recieved an email from them.I already have it.

Also,i "wiped" an infected computer recently,and after re-installing Windows,emailed Heritage,and they sent me "another" verify email with a new "unlock" with lock lizard to reinstall the OSPG.

Just email them and tell them you have a new computer, and you need a new verify code.... or find out what the details are with their free ospg offer.

There doesn't appear to be a Locklizard viewer for the iPad

I know there are a few aps to open PDF's on the Ipad, but I know not if the locked PDF's are covered.

It'd be kinda sad if it turned out you can't run it on an Ipad, seems like a perfect device to carry at a Con.

This from their support email:

"Unfortunately the OSPG is not available/compatible with mobile devices or iPads."

Guess that answers my question :( Thanks (thumbs u

I was fondling one of those at the Apple store yesterday...the new ones are really nice!

Should get it next week, got the 13.3 inch one and it has to be made to order, so there is a wait :cry:

My very first Mac...don't even know anybody that owns any Apple product at all....will be a BIG leap after 20 years of PCs :eek:

There is only a single possible way to share (in a completely legitimate way) a fully-licensed OSPG e-guide installed on a computer, ported to a Blackberry Playbook.

Outside of this possibility (which I won't share with anyone except Overstreet if they care to know), I can't think of any other way.

Should get it next week, got the 13.3 inch one and it has to be made to order, so there is a wait :cry:

My very first Mac...don't even know anybody that owns any Apple product at all....will be a BIG leap after 20 years of PCs :eek:

Welcome to the apple corps :hi:

Another legitimate way is to use LOGMEIN on an iPad and actually hook back up to your home computer. Then run the Overstreet App there.

That's legal. (shrug)

Most other methods are illegal.

(Of course, this is unwieldy, requires a paid App, and preferably a WIFI connection.)

Another legitimate way is to use LOGMEIN on an iPad and actually hook back up to your home computer. Then run the Overstreet App there.

That's legal. (shrug)

Most other methods are illegal.

(Of course, this is unwieldy, requires a paid App, and preferably a WIFI connection.)

Not illegal. It's an infringement on a copyright. That's civil not criminal. AND you're allowed to have a backup copy in whatever format you want and it's neither a civil or criminal violation.

What's the end result?

Heritage doesn't license it from Gemstone in the future. There is no official electronic version of Overstreet in the future unless Overstreet bundles it with the paper edition (Which is what I think they should do).

(I buy the paper editions (multiple copies when I was doing conventions) and I bought a couple of the electronic editions, but really... buying both seemed a waste of money.)