• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I'm Glad I'm Not a Coinee........

77 posts in this topic

this comes from somebody who is uniformed and clueless in regards to coins...

As a comic collector, there really isn't anything I can liken a toned coin that would relate to the wonderful world of comics. The above statement though comes from ignorance of a major hobby.

Are you 100% sure that the above statement comes from ignorance of a hobby and being clueless? Or could it be from just kidding around? I would lighten up, Kitty. As I've been a collector/investor of coins and currency for 2 decades, you're definitely not clairvoyant.

By the way, not to get off the subject of the thread, or Kitty's predictions of what I do or don't know anything about, here is an excellent site on coin grading services that is an excellent overview into their technicalities. I see this as being revelant due to very similar parallels on issues we discuss quite often on these comic forums.

http://rg.ancients.info/guide/slabs.html

well, i didn't see the humor in the remark abut a footprint and the shades of color in the footprint or the other nonsense you wrote, next time put a smiley, then maybe I'll say, oh look a smiley, this must be humor....

well, i didn't see the humor in the remark abut a footprint and the shades of color in the footprint or the other nonsense you wrote, next time put a smiley, then maybe I'll say, oh look a smiley, this must be humor....

Well fair enough. From now on I'll get your pre-approval on Gremlin selection before I post anything to do with coins, comics, footprints, shades of color, the 50's, or othe nonsense, like living in the past. laugh.gif

AtomicPaul with your 98 posts, I just don't know you...

Like I do others and I know when they maybe joking with me....

I collect many many things...... Coins being one of them, and I have found that this can be very profitable...... which is nice, because it can generate more money for more coins, comics, sports cards and other things I collect....

One thing I won't do, is disrespect or make jokes with anybody else's desire to collect. No matter what it is they choose to collect.......

Because collecting is a wonderful thing....

Though I will admit I have laughed at some of the Coinie/ComicCat and sportscard people flame wars....

AtomicPaul, I still don't know how to read into your posts, how about just leaving me alone?

One thing I won't do, is disrespect or make jokes with anybody else's desire to collect. No matter what it is they choose to collect.......

I collect girls named Lucy. devil.gif

Timely hi.gif

sign-offtopic.gif One of the first lawsuits I ever worked on involved one of Walter Breen's victims. What a weird guy, and what a weird family. foreheadslap.gif I presume that he is not a good example of most coinees though. confused-smiley-013.gif

heh heh, I didn't mention it, but I also collect stamps...

I got the Ritchie Valens, Buddy Holly, Elvis...

and the Classic Movie Monsters...

I buy em buy the sheet..

and the Classic Movie Monsters...

Sweet! I got those to! I collect the movie posters and lobby cards from those films! Often I have to go for a late 40's through app 1951 Realart re-release of the Universal monsters because the originals are many thousands, but judicious searching and buying has yielded some great results! I also collect the Poverty Row (hence my name) low budget 40's horror pisters/lobby cards from Monogram and PRC studios. Often there is a lot of Lugosi, Karloff, Atwill and Zucco there!

Hey Cat, I also collect Classic movies from the 50s. 40s, 30s....

all the Monster movies, and the 50s Sci-Fi movies.....

Need any titles on DVD?

Thanks but betwen dvd, laser and VHS I STILL haven't watched all I have accumulated! lolthumbsup2.gif