• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD CLOSED

111 posts in this topic

Third thread in the slab reduction act...lots of Flashes gone, some Supermen flew the coup...now some Marvels for your viewing enjoyment. Some low grades, some mid grades, and perhaps a retread or two of mid-high grade books lol . Just remember the holidays are almost upon us, and what better way to show your love than a funny books in a shiny plastic coffin??? So without further ado (OK plenty of ado with all the rules I list), prepare thyself mortals for some of the finest stories from the House of Ideas...dah, dah, duh, dah, dah, dah...dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, duh, dah, dah, dah... :whistle:

Rules are the same as always...

:) First :takeit: in either the thread or a PM gets the book (judged by time stamp).

:) :) :takeit: in the thread trumps any ongoing negotiations via PM. However, you can ask me to place the book on hold for a brief period.

:) :) :) Pretty much any payment type is accepted (thumbs u Paypal, checks, Money Orders, Gold Dubloons, Spices from the Far East, etc., etc. Cash is also accepted, but please track your envelope as you send it at your own risk! :eek:

:) :) :) :) Domestic shipping is $10 flat, with insurance/tracking costing a bit extra (this is strongly suggested for your safety).

:) :) :) :) :) I am absolutely willing to ship internationally :whee: What I would prefer to do is have you pay an estimate for shipping up front. I will then mail the package and refund any overage or ask for the remaining balance in a second payment.

:) :) :) :) :) :) Returns are accepted for the price of the comic, with the buyer being responsible for all shipping and insurance costs. All I ask is that you notify me within three days of receiving the item.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) I have no idea about the status of these books with respect to pressing. I can tell you that I didn't press them if that is helpful. None of these slabs are long-term residents in my collection, or books I bought raw, so proceed with caution if this is an important detail for you.

:whee: Feel free to make the thread a place of discussion, insults about the Flash, commentary about Bama looking like today, or other random stuff. As always, the journey is half the fun of the sales thread, so socialize to your heart's content.

Thanks for looking!

SE

As always there will be freebies...the past two threads worked out with the top three buyers getting to pick from a pool of several slabs...lean towards something similar this time. However, suggestions on making my buyers happier with the low-cost, comic toss-in rogram are always welcome (thumbs u

Daredevil 5 CGC 5.5 OWW pages

$60

WHAT??? Is he trying to kill his own thread??? Strangle it in it's infancy??? Maybe...a book with the whiny, angst ridden man in yellow and brown pajamas (if you can call him a man...I mean his big villain here is the Matador lol )

dd5.jpg

Daredevil 6 CGC 6.5 OWW pages

$60

And the good times continue with the Fellowship of Fear :fear: Where he fights the diabolical Pinking Shear Bandit, the Sinister Square Jaw the Safe Thrower, and of course the Shocking Pink Skeleton Face...action as you like it true believers!!!

dd6.jpg

Daredevil 8 CGC 7.0 OWW pages

$65

:doh: Stilt Man...hey guess what...$5 credit off your purchase if you can identify the similarity amongst all of Daredevil's enemies...bet no one gets it!!! :devil:

dd8.jpg

They all suck?

$65

:doh: Stilt Man...hey guess what...$5 credit off your purchase if you can identify the similarity amongst all of Daredevil's enemies...bet no one gets it!!! :devil:

dd8.jpg

They all suck?

And again proving my powers of foresight are actually quite limited, we have a ^^ $5 off your order on this thread my friend (worship)

Yes indeed they all SUCK (will have to see if I have a copy of the one introducing the Purple Man lol )

:gossip: I also would have accepted that they are Lame, pathetic, infinitely depressing, weak sauce, or douches (spelling on that right :juggle: )

Daredevil Annual 1 CGC 8.0 CROW pages

$35

Electro is really slumming it here :( So what would you call such a grouping...I know it is a pride of lions, and a gaggle of geese...how about a syndrome of soul numbing saps???

ddann1.jpg

$65

dd8.jpg

They all suck?

And again proving my powers of foresight are actually quite limited, we have a ^^ $5 off your order on this thread my friend (worship)

Yes indeed they all SUCK (will have to see if I have a copy of the one introducing the Purple Man lol )

:gossip: I also would have accepted that they are Lame, pathetic, infinitely depressing, weak sauce, or douches (spelling on that right :juggle: )

I would like to thank the Academy...I feel like a winner! I almost said that none of them are APES!

$65

dd8.jpg

They all suck?

I would like to thank the Academy...I feel like a winner! I almost said that none of them are APES!

And while funny...technically incorrect and the $5 would have still been up for grabs :devil:

Incredible Hulk 103 CGC 8.0 OWW pages

$50

So moving on, and hoping the thread is not quite dead yet...the Space Parasite...wait a minute...I thought we would have something a wee bit more on the Awe-inspiring side here :sigh:

hulk103.jpg

I was going to go with "They're all unsure on their sexuality"

Matador is, well, a matador

Mister Fear wears that cape with the utmost pride

Stilt Man............ Tall gay dude?

I don't think you wear a flaming pink cape like that and are "unsure" of your sexuality.

That would have gone to our panel of judges (which coincidentally all live in my head with a 1000 horses (actually had a patient tell me this once :eek: )), who ultimately would have given you the ^^

I don't think you wear a flaming pink cape like that and are "unsure" of your sexuality.

Counter point from the contest's winner...this man will defend his $5 with a fury...tread lightly my friend...

Incredible Hulk 110 CGC 5.5 OWW pages

$15

Umbu the Unliving...should I just give up here guys or soldier on??? Unfortunately there is a small stack of Submariner slabs coming, and I do not think the conflicts get any more complex (or good).

hulk110.jpg

Incredible Hulk 110 CGC 5.5 OWW pages

$15

Umbu the Unliving...should I just give up here guys or soldier on??? Unfortunately there is a small stack of Submariner slabs coming, and I do not think the conflicts get any more complex (or good).

hulk110.jpg

What is in Umbu's hand...the tuning fork of death? Maybe the Hulk is taking some of Daredevils villains?

True, but I figured it PC to give the benefit of the doubt.