• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD CLOSED

111 posts in this topic

Submariner 16 CGC 7.5 W pages

$15

I thought about adding a surcharge to this book for cool pirate stuff (kind of like I do on books with monkeys on the cover...that's right, monkeys cost an extra $5 and I feel totally justified in that)...but that just sounds silly, right? :insane:

sub16.jpg

Hum, lame is certainly the word I would use to describe the DD foes. Nonetheless, I will take the DD # 5, 6, 8, and the King Size Special # 1. :takeit:

:o :o :o :o

^^ times four!!! :whee:

And as far as my mean-spirited DD comments, all I can say is that the buyer is always right!!!

lol

Submariner 34 CGC 7.0 OWW pages

$30

The beginnings of one of the most dysfunctional Super Teams out there...I remember reading a couple of episodes of Twisted Toyfar Theater making fun of the Defenders...giving away football phones to recruit new members, rescuing cats from trees (and spectacularly failing during the attempt) funny stuff...will have to see if I can find those :juggle:

sub34.jpg

$30

The beginnings of one of the most dysfunctional Super Teams out there...I remember reading a couple of episodes of Twisted Toyfar Theater making fun of the Defenders...giving away football phones to recruit new members, rescuing cats from trees (and spectacularly failing during the attempt) funny stuff...will have to see if I can find those :juggle:

sub34.jpg

:takeit:

Submariner 35 CGC 7.5 W pages

$30

hm Avengers versus Defenders...after the one page smack down of these losers, I wonder how they fill the rest of the comic??? Lot of Charles Atlas ads and an extended Stan's Soapbox I guess :shrug:

sub35.jpg

$30

hm Avengers versus Defenders...after the one page smack down of these losers, I wonder how they fill the rest of the comic??? Lot of Charles Atlas ads and an extended Stan's Soapbox I guess :shrug:

sub35.jpg

$30

sub34.jpg

^^ and a fourth! Thank you :D

$30

sub35.jpg

Fifth time is the charm...my thanks!!! ^^

Thor 130 CGC 9.0 OWW pages

$90

Lifted from an older thread and trying again...

:gossip: As you ponder this fine offering remember that Thunder in the Netherworld is probably the way they said Thunder Down Under in today's vernacular. You have been warned!!! :preach:

thor130.jpg

Thor 145 CGC 9.2 WHITE pages

$90

Retread Part Deux

Sigh...sometimes Kirby makes me angry. :frustrated: This cover is probably my least favorite of the Thor SA run. I know it is supposed to be all dramatic and stuff, but Thor just looks odd (not as odd as he did when turned into a Frog in the 1980's, but still pretty odd)

thor145.jpg

Thor 173 CGC 9.2 WHITE pages

$50

And fitting in the trilogy of sales threads, retread thrice as nice...

And do I really need to slam on the Circus of Crime...a magical top hat, a pet snake, a burglar whose power is to be shot out of a cannon :sick:

thor173.jpg

$50

And do I really need to slam on the Circus of Crime...a magical top hat, a pet snake, a burglar whose power is to be shot out of a cannon :sick:

thor173.jpg

Does that say "Ulik Unleashed? Ulik???

$50

thor173.jpg

Does that say "Ulik Unleashed? Ulik???

Yes...what should worry you is Ulik unleashing his big, spiky balls :doh:

X-Men 14 CGC 4.5 OWW pages

$60

Sentinels...who would have thought they would become so bad- over time...underrated issue here :preach:

:gossip: And why is Marvel Girl swinging in the window like Spideys red-headed step-child???

xmen14.jpg