• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess where I've been?

107 posts in this topic

And I was also hoping for a panoramic picture of the comic-library/room....

He took some. I have no idea why Gary hasn't posted up any on here.

I made a CD-rom of the good images and was going to sort through them at work, but the drive here has just gone on the fritz and I can't access them. I won't be in tonight until about midnight, so it might be nearly 24 hours before I can get the others up.

I know you'll find this hard Ian but be patient!

Fantastic pictures Ian / Gary - what an impressive collection. See guys, that relentless British perseverance delivers the goods again.

I take it you're insured?

p.s. Darth, your child pictures, cute as they are, are getting rather tedious - as most signatures are in general.

Erm... can we start another argument now... wink.gif

Ian, you were right. That's a really good looking Action #1, especially considering the grade.

thumbsup2.gif Nice finally to see part of the famous collection.

Now, that Action 1 not being in a Mylar, that's kinda scary...!?!

It's in a Mylite from Bill Cole, with three boards behind it.

Pity the photos look so yellow. It certainly doesn't do the Action 1 justice.

He hasn't posted any of the best photos yet. The ones he took four hours to set up. I wish he would.

Ian, you were right. That's a really good looking Action #1, especially considering the grade.

Which is why EVERYONE who's seen it says it was ridiculously undergraded.

Compare that to the horrible mouldy 2.5

Which is why EVERYONE who's seen it says it was ridiculously undergraded.

you are dreamin! I have no desire to ever own an Action 1 and if I ever happened to end up with one in my possession, I'd make sure I fleeced some DC completist for all it was worth. your action 1 with the all that tape on the spine and dirt and scuffing, not to mention the sub crease going down the middle from the top is most definitely structurally inferior to the 2.5 moldy oldy copy.

Congratulations on owning that POS ...

It's so f'in fugly that it broke GPcove's camera...bwahahahaha!

Very cool picture, but what's the deal with the Superman below the Batman#1, between the New Comics and the Wonder Woman 1?

I don't recognize the cover, but it looks like a Modern Age book to me. What's it doing with that primo collection?

Very cool picture, but what's the deal with the Superman below the Batman#1, between the New Comics and the Wonder Woman 1?

I don't recognize the cover, but it looks like a Modern Age book to me. What's it doing with that primo collection?

It's the 1988 Superman/Bradman custom comic. There were only twenty five ever manufactured, and only two copies in private circulation. It's seriously RARE. And quite priceless.

you are dreamin! I have no desire to ever own an Action 1 and if I ever happened to end up with one in my possession, I'd make sure I fleeced some DC completist for all it was worth. your action 1 with the all that tape on the spine and dirt and scuffing, not to mention the sub crease going down the middle from the top is most definitely structurally inferior to the 2.5 moldy oldy copy.

Ooooh you are loveable.

And we all LOVE to keep seeing your baby pic take up half a page of a thread every time. I'll tell you what.... lets just do away with any posts altogether, and lets all spend all day each and every day looking at pics of your little toddler OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Ooooh you are loveable.

And we all LOVE to keep seeing your baby pic take up half a page of a thread every time. I'll tell you what.... lets just do away with any posts altogether, and lets all spend all day each and every day looking at pics of your little toddler OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

popcorn.gif

It's the 1988 Superman/Bradman custom comic. There were only twenty five ever manufactured, and only two copies in private circulation. It's seriously RARE. And quite priceless.

Cool, I never heard of it. I'll have to look it up in my Overstreet and read about it.

Thanks,

Charlie

Cool, I never heard of it. I'll have to look it up in my Overstreet and read about it.

Well that made me laugh.

Overstreet are SLIGHTLY out of touch on this book, and list it at three dollars.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

(The laughing is at the Overstreet price, not at your e-mail, which was a perfectly reasonable assumption. It's just that it's rather stupidly priced in the guide.

Oh.. um, in that case, I'll give you six bucks for it! Double Overstreet!

May be I'll throw in a Buzzy 70 if I come across one..........

Seriously, I really meant I wanted to look it up in Overstreet for the history, not for the price. Can you tell me the books history? Why did they make only so few copies of it? I mean, I know the story of Cancelled Comics Cavelcade, there must be a story behind this one too...

Charlie

Ooooh you are loveable.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Davidking623

Ooooh you are loveable.

And we all LOVE to keep seeing your baby pic take up half a page of a thread every time.

you are a disgrace to your country, as you are the most arrogant fool I've ever come across. get this straight you ignorant technological caveman. It is a SIGNATURE and every time I post it will be in there.

I'll tell you what.... lets just do away with any posts altogether, and lets all spend all day each and every day looking at pics of your little toddler OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

As long as you come on here and drone OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN about your self centered pathetic quest and how every dealer and his bum buddy have stuck it to you and how everything is against you, YOU, YOU,... you pathetic paranoid deluded sad tiny semblance of a man, I will feel justified in posting a picture of my child in my signature. edited for comment made in bad taste 893frustrated.gif

Seriously, I really meant I wanted to look it up in Overstreet for the history, not for the price. Can you tell me the books history? Why did they make only so few copies of it? I mean, I know the story of Cancelled Comics Cavelcade, there must be a story behind this one too...

Daniel Bradman was about 14 years old, lived in England, and had a very wealthy family. His father has had something to do with Parliament and the House Of Lords. They have a huge estate called the Waverly Estate (a bit like Brideshead Revisited).

As a child he was obviously a huge Superman fan.

His father spoke to Paul Levitz at DC in the late eighties and paid between fifty and a hundred thousand dollars for a special custom comic featuring Superman and his son Daniel, and Daniel's best friend Andrew, plus the rest of the Bradman family. This story was drawn by Curt Swan. The rest of the comic was repeats. The cover was unique. Twenty five copies were made and given to the family. None were supposed to have gotten out elsewhere. However in 1988, Mike Gold at DC let a major DC collector, Jerome Wenker, have a copy. And I believe Paul Levitz kept one for his own private collection.

Last year I realised I had NO chance of turning this comic up, so by months of detective work, I tracked down Daniel Bradman, now around twenty nine or thirty years old, and clearly no longer a Superman fan.

He explained that when they moved house, most of the copies got destroyed or lost, and he only had two left. I offered to buy one but he refused. I kept upping the money until he finally accepted. He said it had great sentimental value because his Father did it specially for him. Up till that point, the rumour had been that the comic was a gift for Daniel's birthday party and a copy was given to each guest there. But this rumour turned out to be totally unfounded.

Anyway I finally ended up with a treasured copy. Daniel suggested he might sell his last copy, but not for under fifteen hundred dollars.

Quite a story, and you won't read about it in Overstreet.

you are a disgrace...arrogant fool...ignorant technological caveman....self centered...pathetic...bum buddy...paranoid deluded....sad tiny semblance of a man...Basque extremists...

Who are you, and what have you done with Darth?? sumo.gif