• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shopping on the Registry ??

24 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has ever gone through the Registry to find a book they were looking for, located one, contacted the owner and finished the deal before ?

Perhaps this practice is frowned upon (shrug)hm

Just wondering if anyone has ever gone through the Registry to find a book they were looking for, located one, contacted the owner and finished the deal before ?

Perhaps this practice is frowned upon (shrug)hm

Some people have stuff listed as "For Sale" and even include prices.

I havn't seen that yet. I was noticing some people have a single book out of a whole set. It appears they are not working on the run but just "owning" the book. In many cases I noticed it wasn't even the first issue...... just a random copy.

Yes I have.

If you make fair offers on books you'd be surprised how many good buys you can make.

I think that is key. Low ball offers are bad enough, low ball offers on books that aren't be advertised for sale is ridiculous. Fair offers a-okay in my book. As far as I'm concerned everything is for sale for the right price.

I have had plenty of contact and have done several deals. I have even done deals with guys that I had forgotten they wanted the book and then they re-reminded me in a sales thread where I hadn't even listed the book. lol

Yes I have been contacted and I have made a few deals.

One deal was all trade and a couple others were cash offers I couldn't refuse.

I have no problem with someone contacting me about my registry. I am flattered by it !

I have no problem with someone contacting me about my registry. I am flattered by it !

Yep, Bob was very cheerful about it when I contacted him asking about a particular book. I hope that one day, he might even let me buy it. :wishluck: I think I nearly tempted him.

However, I only ask people who I already know a little at least. If someone is polite and will take no for an answer then I see no harm. Oh yeah, and as was already mentioned, make a decent offer or you are likely to pizz someone off.

Yep, Bob was very cheerful about it when I contacted him asking about a particular book. I hope that one day, he might even let me buy it. :wishluck: I think I nearly tempted him.

However, I only ask people who I already know a little at least. If someone is polite and will take no for an answer then I see no harm. Oh yeah, and as was already mentioned, make a decent offer or you are likely to pizz someone off.

I was looking in your registry recently and was considering contacting you about one. Perhaps sometime soon. :)

Heck yes i have! Bought a few cool books that way and made a couple friends too. Its all about tact and politeness, ive seen people get POed about it and probably with good reason.

Heck yes i have! Bought a few cool books that way and made a couple friends too. Its all about tact and politeness, ive seen people get POed about it and probably with good reason.

:roflmao:

You definitely applied that in one situation.

:baiting:

I was looking in your registry recently and was considering contacting you about one. Perhaps sometime soon. :)

Feel free to, the worst I'll say is no. (thumbs u

Feel free to, the worst I'll say is no. (thumbs u

It's the one called TOS for sale. I might be getting a raw off a friend so we'll see.

yes, I've contacted everyone who has Batman 332 and 334 in their registry, offering $150 for each in cgc 9.8..... hint, hint

Perhaps you should get out there and actually do the work yourself? :baiting:

I live in a small town in central indiana..... I do try to make it to a con once a year...
:sorry:

How far is Chicago from you ?? That would be the one to hit