• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What about the Writer? posted by Tnerb

1 post in this topic

You're a Tracer.

It was sitting there among the other comic books, piled in next to the magazines. Only a few feet from the front door it called to me. The cover of The New Mutants #15 was something I never experienced before. It was the artwork of the cover that drew me in, as did that same week the covers of the Avengers, Uncanny X-men, Iron Man and Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars. These were the beginning of my obsession.

Collecting these books over again in the best condition possible is helping me relive the experiences of either finding these books in the first place or from when I purchased them off the shelf, but what about the writer of these books? Encapsulated comics show the front and back of the book but nothing about the story. Are you seriously telling me the ads in the back of a comic book are more important then what is in it?

I have a few books signed by the artist, and only a couple signed by the artist and the writer. It seems people would rather have the book signed by the artist rather than the writer (Stan Lee withstanding) You can argue what is more important to a book, the artists or the writers, but I have to say even though it was the art that drew me into the book it was the writers that kept me picking up issue after issue.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

See more journals by Tnerb