• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you tell the artist, you are not happy with their commission?

28 posts in this topic

I think we all take chances when we commission an artist. If its great keep it, if it sucks, get rid of it. No need to keep something you arent happy with.

If Im not happy with a piece but I like the artist Ill give them a second shot. I think thats fair.

I think we all take chances when we commission an artist. If its great keep it, if it sucks, get rid of it. No need to keep something you arent happy with.

If Im not happy with a piece but I like the artist Ill give them a second shot. I think thats fair.

I can relate to that for sure. I had Finch do an Emma Frost for me once and it was good but it didn't look like a Finch to me. I wound up selling it recently after holding on to it for almost two years but I would really love to have him do another piece for me. There was nothing wrong with it at all, it just didn't have that "Finch" look to me. (shrug)

That has worked for me, but in all honesty, there is just some that I wouldn't give another try at making a sketch....

It's no secret I got a sketch once through the board that I thought was horrible and I complained. It was a matter of an artist rushing to finish a piece of work with me being the last of 10 commissions he had to do. He even put it in the bag when the paint pen was still wet. Total waste of $95 and 8 months of time. I saw scans of the other nine sketches and they were magnificent.

Between that and Marc Wolfe, I only buy completed sketches anymore.