• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post office fail....

108 posts in this topic

I always wonder how packages get mangled like that.

I had a postal worker deliver mail during a snow storm, and while he was taking everything out of the truck he dropped it into a large slush pool. Then he casually inserted each piece of mail into its appropriate box like nothing happened.

One neighbor saw it happen, and 12 of us went to the post office to complain due to mail damage.

:ohnoez:

What do you suggest he should have done? let me guess... not drop it?

I always wonder how packages get mangled like that.

I had a postal worker deliver mail during a snow storm, and while he was taking everything out of the truck he dropped it into a large slush pool. Then he casually inserted each piece of mail into its appropriate box like nothing happened.

One neighbor saw it happen, and 12 of us went to the post office to complain due to mail damage.

:ohnoez:

Take it to the house right away so they can open it up & HOPE what everrs i inside is not affected by it as much?!?! :S Just a thought...

& yes not dropping it is generally a good idea ... post office workers should have a drop count of only 1 any more than that & you are simply too damny clumsy to be working as one .... If this stuff damaged was coming out of own pocket you can bet you wouldn't see stuff like this as much

Take it to the house right away so they can open it up & HOPE what everrs i inside is not affected by it as much?!?! :S Just a thought...

& yes not dropping it is generally a good idea ... post office workers should have a drop count of only 1 any more than that & you are simply too damny clumsy to be working as one .... If this stuff damaged was coming out of own pocket you can bet you wouldn't see stuff like this as much

That's exactly what I would have done.

Going to your mailbox and having to jimmy the door open because the water coming off the package froze it closed just added to the experience. Having a sense of care would have made all the difference going to each house and explaining what happened.

Even worse - the postal worker first tried to state he didn't do anything wrong. Then when the neighbor that saw it came forward, his story changed to he slipped (what he should have originally stated).

doh!

What would you suggest? Sneak away and think, "Man - glad that wasn't my mail" as an approach?

Going to your mailbox and having to jimmy the door open because the water coming off the package froze it closed just added to the experience. Having a sense of care would have made all the difference going to each house and explaining what happened.

Even worse - the postal worker first tried to state he didn't do anything wrong. Then when the neighbor that saw it came forward, his story changed to he slipped (what he should have originally stated).

doh!

What would you suggest? Sneak away and think, "Man - glad that wasn't my mail" as an approach?

You have no ideal how many pieces of mail carries and clerks handle per day! Do you realize how hard of a job it is to be a carrier! The physical demands of the job! It's unfortunate that he dropped the mail but to expect him to go to every house when he has a time limit to get back to the office is dumb. Bosco do you have a job sitting behind a desk? The way you act about blue collar workers make me think that.

What he should of did was right notes and put them in the boxes the next day. That has happen to a carrier where I work and he wrote sorry and made copies and put them in the customers mail box the next day.

doh!

That remark from you is insulting!

You have no ideal how many pieces of mail carries and clerks handle per day! Do you realize how hard of a job it is to be a carrier! The physical demands of the job! It's unfortunate that he dropped the mail but to expect him to go to every house when he has a time limit to get back to the office is dumb. Bosco do you have a job sitting behind a desk? The way you act about blue collar workers make me think that.

What he should of did was right notes and put them in the boxes the next day. That has happen to a carrier where I work and he wrote sorry and made copies and put them in the customers mail box the next day.

8mile - I understand you work for the post office, and feel like any mention of postal worker wrong-doing is a horrble thing.

Now the stupid comment about blue collar workers - get a clue. No matter what job a person has, take pride in it. But also own up to mistakes - and especially major ones like this to show you care about the final results of your work.

Someone drops multiple pieces of mail into a slush pool and then just sticks it in the mailbox and you try to write off as the guy working hard and having an excuse because of this? Seriously?!

I get the feeling from the things you post you are totally okay with loads of mistakes in our postal system, yet there are many working for the U.S. Post Office that take great pride in quality delivery. Those folks get mixed in with the deadbeats that do the bare minimum.

8mile - I understand you work for the post office, and feel like any mention of postal worker wrong-doing is a horrble thing.

Now the stupid comment about blue collar workers - get a clue. No matter what job a person has, take pride in it. But also own up to mistake - and especially major ones like this to show you care about the final results of your work.

Someone drops multiple pieces of mail into a slush pool and then just sticks in the box and you try to write off as the guy working hard and having an excuse because of this? Seriously?!

I get the feeling from the things you post you are totally okay with loads of mistakes in our postal system, yet there are many working for the U.S. Post Office that take great pride in quality delivery. Those folks get mixed in with the deadbeats that do the bare minimum.

Are you STUPID! When did I say that it was ok? Reread what I said, I said that he has a time limit and he should of wrote notes and dropped them off the next day to people! Your response shows me that you are a white collar worker not caring about the hard workers in life! I take pride in my job and the post office and I work my tail off everyday I'm at work, think of it this way, millions pieces of mail go through the system a day to millions of people a day mistakes however unfortunate it is will happen, just like UPS and FEDEX, that why the Post office offers Insurance.

That remark from you is insulting!

Really?

So the guy first claims he didn't do it, and then changes his story when he finds out someone saw what happened?

You see nothing wrong with that?

First I don't believe your story, everytime someone talks about their bad experince in the post office you jump in and tell them your story. IMO either you are lying or the unluckiest person ever. I'll take the first option.

Are you STUPID! When did I say that it was ok? Reread what I said, I said that he has a time limit and he should of wrote notes and dropped them off the next day to people! Your response shows me that you are a white collar worker not caring about the hard workers in life! I take pride in my job and the post office and I work my tail off everyday I'm at work, think of it this way, millions pieces of mail go through the system a day to millions of people a day mistakes however unfortunate it is will happen, just like UPS and FEDEX, that why the Post office offers Insurance.

lol

You really are goofy sometimes. So you are seeing this as a blue collar vs white collar war, and me assuming anyone that is blue collar is a deadbeat.

So, how about when you were calling Bio-rupp a McDonalds worker as if it was an insult, and telling him to serve your next meal as if you were being waited on? Nooooooooo - you weren't taking a different stance then, and mocking folks like that. You weren't being a stupid arse!

How about last year when I was going to job network events to help people find work I ran into a former school principal that both her husband and her were laid off, and things were so tough she took on the job of a shift supervisor at McDonalds. And guess what - she was extremely thankful to McDonalds for giving her some form of work.

Get over yourself, and try another argument approach about postal workers that try to hide their mistakes rather than pointing it out and taking pride it doesn't happen as frequently as you would expect with the volume dealt with.

Now the stupid comment about blue collar workers - get a clue. No matter what job a person has, take pride in it. But also own up to mistake - and especially major ones like this to show you care about the final results of your work.

Someone drops multiple pieces of mail into a slush pool and then just sticks in the box and you try to write off as the guy working hard and having an excuse because of this? Seriously?!

:makepoint: Time limit or not, he damaged property that he was entrusted with during the course of his work day. The right thing to do was to tell, or at least attempt to tell, the people that were impacted right then and there. Immediate disclosure may have helped to lessen the damage.

He's not the stupid one chuckles. lol

And you calling anyone insulting is hilarious. Jerk

:makepoint: Time limit or not, he damaged property that he was entrusted with during the course of his work day. The right thing to do was to tell, or at least attempt to tell, the people that were impacted right then and there. Immediate disclosure may have helped to lessen the damage.

Like I said he does have a time limit, and what he should of did was write notes saying he's sorry and drop them off the next day in mail boxes with the other mail. Reread my post. BTW your package I have no Ideal what could of happen with that, I'm thinking that someone wasn't thinking and put a real heavy box on top of it.

He's not the stupid one chuckles. lol

And you calling anyone insulting is hilarious. Jerk

Great one.