• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post office fail....

108 posts in this topic

What he should of did was right notes

what he should of did was

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'm pretty understanding with many grammatical and spelling errors on this boards (hey, it happens to everyone from time to time), but when it gets repetitive, it gets hilarious.

Never really cared doh! what I should of did was lol buy a book

My whole point was how hard the Carriers and Clerks work!

I have no doubt that most PO workers do indeed work hard, but it gets frustrating sometimes.

You'd be amazed how many times I've walked into a post office and watched as the desk clerks start to work slower as the line gets longer. You'd think the supervisor on duty would look at the growing line and put another couple people up front to help alleviate. I've never seen that happen. NOT ONCE.

I've even seen some clerks go on their breaks while line continues to grow. lol

What happens at my local Stop & Shop when the lines get long at the check out? They open more friggin' registers!!! Why can't the PO do that?

There is a PO in a town next to mine that's pretty small, but the clerks that work there bust their azzes. I go there whenever I can because I know they care about moving customers through quickly. A shame all of them do not.

I wonder, are there any posts on this forum with the phrase "dat, dun, der"?
That's saved for the White Arrogant Collar (WAC) secret society events, but do not confuse this with the White Arrogant Collar - Office of Fanciful Fun (WAC-OFF) folks. Those guys are crazy!

My whole point was how hard the Carriers and Clerks work!

I have no doubt that most PO workers do indeed work hard, but it gets frustrating sometimes.

You'd be amazed how many times I've walked into a post office and watched as the desk clerks start to work slower as the line gets longer. You'd think the supervisor on duty would look at the growing line and put another couple people up front to help alleviate. I've never seen that happen. NOT ONCE.

I've even seen some clerks go on their breaks while line continues to grow. lol

What happens at my local Stop & Shop when the lines get long at the check out? They open more friggin' registers!!! Why can't the PO do that?

There is a PO in a town next to mine that's pretty small, but the clerks that work there bust their azzes. I go there whenever I can because I know they care about moving customers through quickly. A shame all of them do not.

Unfortunately that does happen with some clerks and it just makes it harder for the other clerks, I'm a window clerk and I hate it when i see a big line "I think what if thats me on the other side waiting" I work even faster at that time. Just to let you know the post office and a mystery shopper program and if they have to wait longer than 5 min all hell breaks loose. The one thing thats kills the wait time in line is when people mail foreign packages over 4 lbs, we have to type all the stuff on the custom form into the computer. Its not the customers fault its that crazy new customs law.

Unfortunately that does happen with some clerks and it just makes it harder for the other clerks, I'm a window clerk and I hate it when i see a big line "I think what if thats me on the other side waiting" I work even faster at that time. Just to let you know the post office and a mystery shopper program and if they have to wait longer than 5 min all hell breaks loose. The one thing thats kills the wait time in line is when people mail foreign packages over 4 lbs, we have to type all the stuff on the custom form into the computer. Its not the customers fault its that crazy new customs law.

So you are frustrated that you cannot do more at work, yet know there are those that make it an added burden when they do not perform like everyone else?

About time you admitted it, as trying to state someone knocked the entire postal system due to a few bad apples was just ridiculous.

So you are frustrated that you cannot do more at work, yet know there are those that make it an added burden when they do not perform like everyone else?

About time you admitted it, as trying to state someone knocked the entire postal system due to a few bad apples was just ridiculous.

Perfect example, I have 2 co workers that just don't get it! Its not that they are trying "They are" but they just don't get it. They don't have the sense of urgency in them to step it up a notch when needed. It just the way they are. I can't fault them for trying, I have tried to help them understand better, it's not in there mental makeup . I'm the higher level clerk at my job, its my job to train the other clerks and keep them inform of new changes, but some people just can't grasp it or don't care. The ones who have a hard time grasping it I try to help them everyday, the ones who don't care I'm on them everyday and tell them without the customers we have no job. Point is people who have a hard time grasping are not bad apples.

You have no ideal how many pieces of mail carries and clerks handle per day! Do you realize how hard of a job it is to be a carrier! The physical demands of the job! It's unfortunate that he dropped the mail but to expect him to go to every house when he has a time limit to get back to the office is dumb. Bosco do you have a job sitting behind a desk? The way you act about blue collar workers make me think that.

What he should of did was right notes and put them in the boxes the next day. That has happen to a carrier where I work and he wrote sorry and made copies and put them in the customers mail box the next day.

8mile - I understand you work for the post office, and feel like any mention of postal worker wrong-doing is a horrble thing.

Now the stupid comment about blue collar workers - get a clue. No matter what job a person has, take pride in it. But also own up to mistakes - and especially major ones like this to show you care about the final results of your work.

Someone drops multiple pieces of mail into a slush pool and then just sticks it in the mailbox and you try to write off as the guy working hard and having an excuse because of this? Seriously?!

I get the feeling from the things you post you are totally okay with loads of mistakes in our postal system, yet there are many working for the U.S. Post Office that take great pride in quality delivery. Those folks get mixed in with the deadbeats that do the bare minimum.

I think everyone but 8mile is expecting more than they purchased from the USPS. The guy made a mistake and dropped it, it happens all the time, you just happened to witness it this one time it landed in the slush. He did what he was supposed to do, he delivered the packages. The idea that the driver is going to have the time to walk up to each door, and wait for you to answer just to explain is crazy. Do you expect a personal explanation anytime a package is damaged? It was an accident, thats the explanation. I don't hear anyone saying it was done on purpose and yet some think the guy should lose this job? Be serious.

The Post Office offers insurance for this type of thing as well as registered mail. If accidents were going to never happen, they wouldn't need to offer insurance, it would just cost $100 to ship anything.

The Post Office offers insurance for this type of thing as well as registered mail. If accidents were going to never happen, they wouldn't need to offer insurance, it would just cost $100 to ship anything.

What a Batty idea. :insane:

I wonder what proper USPS protocol is for a situation like this.

Not what a witness would want to happen, but rather how USPS would actually want it handled?

I'm guessing you are correct. The package gets delivered and the claim gets filed.

What he should of did was right notes

what he should of did was

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'm pretty understanding with many grammatical and spelling errors on this boards (hey, it happens to everyone from time to time), but when it gets repetitive, it gets hilarious.

You're just a grammarist.

Do you expect a personal explanation anytime a package is damaged? It was an accident, thats the explanation. I don't hear anyone saying it was done on purpose and yet some think the guy should lose this job? Be serious.

You've got to be kidding.

He drops all that mail into a slushy pool of water - throws them into the community mailboxes like nothing happened - then later denies he did this. You don't see a problem with that conduct?

Now, where I do agree with 8mile is if a note had been left with each box to call the post office because of the damage. That makes a lot of sense, and shows a level of care I would expect.

Lose his job because of a one-time mistake he admitted to - no way. How does anyone learn from a one-time mistake? To lie and get caught at it - different story.

Be serious!

I mailed a priority package to Canada a few days ago. I have no idea what the clerk was doing but she was working on the computer for almost fifteen minutes.

I was the only one in the PO when she started but there were eight people on line by the time I finished.