• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World ticket & fee question

8 posts in this topic

I was about to buy my tickets online for Wizard World Austin, because a pair of tickets (3 day passes) would cost $90 as opposed to face value of $100. Well on the website they then charge you a $9.76 "convenience" fee that takes the total back up to right about $100. My question is whether it is better to buy them online or not. If I'm going to pay face with the convenience charge added in I might as well buy them at the show, but I seem to remember someone on the boards complaining that the "convenience" fee was even charged when they were bought at the con. If this is the case I will buy online anyway, but I wanted to see if anyone could confirm that the convenience charge is made even when you buy at the door. Thanks!

I couldn't find an answer online, and when I tried to call I found that everyone had already left for Austin. I decided to buy the tickets online, as the worst case scenario there is that I paid exactly what the door price is (and I do suspect that the door price will add on the convenience fee too). I will check on this at the show, as the information could be helpful for others planning to attend WW shows.

I couldn't find an answer online, and when I tried to call I found that everyone had already left for Austin. I decided to buy the tickets online, as the worst case scenario there is that I paid exactly what the door price is (and I do suspect that the door price will add on the convenience fee too). I will check on this at the show, as the information could be helpful for others planning to attend WW shows.

I bought online too - the bonus I see is that you will have your ticket in hand instead of having to wait in line.

I do love how they for the one day pass they say "save $5!" and then charge a $4 and change convenience fee - terrible!

The fee is terrible. And we do still have to wait in line, because what we printed out is not a ticket but a voucher to get a ticket. Hopefully the line will be shorter, and yes, it is nice to have that guaranteed ticket.

The fee is terrible. And we do still have to wait in line, because what we printed out is not a ticket but a voucher to get a ticket. Hopefully the line will be shorter, and yes, it is nice to have that guaranteed ticket.

Oh really? Didn't realize that... wow thanks Wizard

hmm if this is how things are with Wizard Con. I don't think I will be checking out their visit to Miami next year considering that most of the artist that will be there will also be at Mega Con also.

I attened the Wizard World Anaheim this year and paid in person and they DO charge the ticket fee/convenience fee.

Tickets online were like $25, in person was $30 AND then they hit you with the "convenience charge" and so I ended up paying $35 to get in on a Friday. I was thinking this was the most expensive Con I've ever paid to attend and since it was Friday there weren't a lot of the Entertainment/Actor crowds attending that day.

I always thought a "convenience fee" applied to getting tickets online. In most cases, it's to help pay for having servers that can sell you tickets before the show and email them to you so you have them in-hand. It's usually 5-10 dollars depending on the ticket price.

Charging a "convenience fee" for in-person ticket sales seems ridiculous to me. I'd guess that the extra cost goes into paying the people selling the tickets, but that should be wrapped up into the cost of the ticket to begin with. :makepoint: