• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sara Michelle Gellar to play Wonder Woman?

45 posts in this topic

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30500-12987170,00.html

BUFFY IS A WONDER WOMAN

Two stars of recently finished US series Buffy the Vampire Slayer are competing to become the new Wonder Woman.

Former Buffy star Sarah Michelle Gellar is top of the list to take the lead role in the remake of the 1970s cult classic, according to the Daily Star.

However Charisma Carpenter, who stars in Buffy spin-off Angel, could also land the role.

"Charisma is a strong contender and she's equally as sexy," a movie insider said.

Meanwhile, another former Buffy star is about to make her mark on the London stage.

Alyson Hannigan, who played Willow, stars in When Harry Met Sally, which starts in the West End next week.

She will star alongside Luke Perry, who found fame in Beverly Hills 90210, in the stage version of the hit film.

Alyson Hannigan, who played Willow, stars in When Harry Met Sally, which starts in the West End next week.

She will star alongside Luke Perry, who found fame in Beverly Hills 90210, in the stage version of the hit film.

I find this freaking hilarious. If you watch Conan O'Brien and saw the show last year with Alyson Hannigan & Luke Perry you'll know why.

I find this freaking hilarious. If you watch Conan O'Brien and saw the show last year with Alyson Hannigan & Luke Perry you'll know why.

didnt. what happened?

didnt. what happened?

Basically, they were staying in the same hotel as guests of the Conan O'Brien show. Hannigan saw Perry in the hotel earlier in the day & tried talking to Perry but he totally brushed her off. I guess Luke Perry didn't know who Alyson Hannigan was or that they were on the same show later that night. So on the show she mentioned it to Conan & Luke Perry was so embarassed it was hilarious, you had to see it.

Choice of the two, I'd have to go with Charisma Carpenter, I think she is more like WW that SMG?

But as for acting abilities confused-smiley-013.gif I had an audio book given to me once, and CC was reading it. Boy, she cannot read, it was like " once........upon........a.......time.........there.........was...........................................a....................................girl" and so on 893whatthe.gif I was in shock.

But she does a good job in Angel thumbsup2.gif

I think they would both be poor choices. First, Sarah Michelle Gellar is too small - only 5'3". Charisma Carpenter it nearly 5' 8" so she is better but still not good. I think you need a actress who is tall, more muscle, little older and bit exotic ( WW is Greek after all.) A few of what I think would be better picks:

Jennifer Connelly

Elizabeth Hurley

Angelina Jolie

Famke Janssen

Catherine Zeta-Jones

Jennifer Garner

Adriana Lima ( if she can act) - a bit of stretch but she is so gorgeous. Do a search on eBay, you will see what she looks like.

Adriana Lima ( if she can act) - a bit of stretch but she is so gorgeous. Do a search on eBay, you will see what she looks like.

Not for Wonder Woman. But, she'd make the perfect Vampirella!

Gene

Jennifer Connelly...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif maybe

Elizabeth Hurley ....no way

Angelina Jolie..........nice but too skinny

Famke Janssen.......ummm...who?

Catherine Zeta-Jones...would be awesome thumbsup2.gif

Jennifer Garner.......she's electra...

SMG would make a terrible WW. I barely believed her as Buffy. Catherine Zeta Jones would be great.

CZJ = thumbsup2.gif.

SMG would be really awful. Such a film, were it to happen, would be terrible from genesis in the mode of Batman Forever.

frown.gif As a devout watcher of BVS since the pilot episode, I am deeply saddened by your comment.

I'm sorry. I watched the show for awhile, but I never really liked SMG in the role. She always seemed too small and not athletic enough. Then again, I also watched Xena a lot, and Lucy Lawless did such a great job selling her fight scenes, that there was always a bit of a comparison in my mind. Xena looked like she could kick butt and take names, but Buffy just looked like she was uncomfortable pretending to do so.

I thought the writing in Buffy was quite good. And some of the supporting cast were great. But SMG just didn't do anything for me.